Requirements For An Australian Tourist Visa

Is there much "practical" difference in applying for a permanent visa for my TW's 8 yr old son to join us in Australia, between applying here or in Bangkok?

Wife has had PR for about a year, we have been together for about 5 years. Son was of course in the original 309/100 application and had to have a medical, but was not an applicant to travel at that time.I guess it will be virtually a fresh application, I think with the same fees etc as an original application.

Father in Thailand has not been seen or heard of for a few years.

I would be ringing Aust. Immigration concerning son. Sounds like application approved for son to travel on mums visa , but you left him in Thailand. Depends on the time lapse.My son is 9 and for him to come to Aust. proof had to be shown that the father is no longer around.

Thommo. (Good Luck)

I was at an embassy briefing last night (organised by AustCham) where they were discussing Tourist and Business (456) visas.

They said they only reject 5% of tourist visa applications and 1% of business visa applications.

One of the main things they said about approving tourist visas was "reason to return".

Based on that, I think 'eyeluvthai' should discuss his approach with the embassy. There would be no reason for his new girl to actually return to Thailand, so I think they will look at that unfavourably.

I would be ringing Aust. Immigration concerning son. Sounds like application approved for son to travel on mums visa , but you left him in Thailand. Depends on the time lapse.My son is 9 and for him to come to Aust. proof had to be shown that the father is no longer around.

Thommo. (Good Luck)

There was no intention for various reasons to bring the son at the time of the original application. He had to be disclosed in the application and had to have a medical which is the usual case. He lives at present with my wife's family including her brother of the same age.

What I was mainly interested in finding out are the practical differences with us applying here in Australia for him to eventually come here or applying in Bangkok. I imagine it's now a new application as my wife is now PR.

Thommo. (Good Luck)

There was no intention for various reasons to bring the son at the time of the original application. He had to be disclosed in the application and had to have a medical which is the usual case. He lives at present with my wife's family including her brother of the same age.

What I was mainly interested in finding out are the practical differences with us applying here in Australia for him to eventually come here or applying in Bangkok. I imagine it's now a new application as my wife is now PR.

It will require a new app;ication as he wasnt included in the wifes but was merely disclosed as you say.....new medical will be needed as well given the time lapse.