New Bars In Town/Bars You Like..

fw1

Hello posters. I've been away for a year and returned to Bangkok this weekend.

Could someone tell me if any new bars have opened recently. I usually go to the ex-pat bars but not all the time. The Robin Hood used to be my favourite one.

Alternatively, if there's a bar you recommend, again prefer the ex-pat bar but doesn't have to be, then please inform.

Dirty Nelly’s on the corner of Ekamai Soi 2 is a good, new pub; it has very good food (good lunch special prices) and a reasonable beer selection. Black Swan on the corner of Suk and new Ratchadapisek Rd (under Asoke BTS), while not new, is a pub that has really taken off since you left, seems always packed for happy hour. There are also a lot of new more sophisticated places that have opened, such and the Beer Vault and Hyde & Seek – they cost more than your typical pub, they serve western food, have a good beer selection, but have a more mixed crowd of professional expats and Thais.

Dirty Nelly's on the corner of Ekamai Soi 2 is a good, new pub; it has very good food (good lunch special prices) and a reasonable beer selection. Black Swan on the corner of Suk and new Ratchadapisek Rd (under Asoke BTS), while not new, is a pub that has really taken off since you left, seems always packed for happy hour. There are also a lot of new more sophisticated places that have opened, such and the Beer Vault and Hyde & Seek – they cost more than your typical pub, they serve western food, have a good beer selection, but have a more mixed crowd of professional expats and Thais.

Been to Black Swan a few tiimes- always fairly busy but the only bar where there are literally no female customers- 100% male only (at least when i've been there).