Mosquitos

i don't care for the coils myself because i don't like smoke around my babies but i have found the citronella oil spray available everywhere to be quite effective for me and the kids. it's nowhere near as strong as a spray like "OFF" brand with DEET however i won't spray that stuff into my skin. citronella oil just needs to be re applied around once an hour, no big deal it smells good.

Don't use the coils in a closed area, the fumes are pretty toxic.

i tried my best to explain this concept to a thai lady who had pretty much locked herself up into her bungalow with her baby inside, four or five mosquito coils burning away. she thought it was fine and continued on doing that day after day through the rainy season. i feel bad for that baby.

While sitting enjoying a nice cup of tea this afternoon, at Maenam's Indian restaurant, there was suddenly a smell of "something" in the air... obviously they sprayed through Maenam as there was a "wif" in the air while heading home...

They were spraying for mosquitoes, which usually means from past experience of this happening on Koh Phengan, that there have been cases of either Malaria or Dengy (sp) fever reported.... Usually it is the Thai's or Burmese that get hit with this...as they tend not to use repellent.. That last time I saw a general spray done, was after several people (locals) coming down with Malaria...on KP, that was three or four years ago...

With the continuous rain we are getting & there being a lot of standing water, it's a haven for mosquitoes... check for water sitting in buckets etc & dump them out! If standing water in the garden try to get it to move... dig a ditch, if you can & get water to drain away ! (not easy in some situations, I know...!)

The spray they used on KP rendered the male mosquitoes infertile.... the correct term for that not coming to me!

While sitting enjoying a nice cup of tea this afternoon, at Maenam's Indian restaurant, there was suddenly a smell of "something" in the air... obviously they sprayed through Maenam as there was a "wif" in the air while heading home...

They were spraying for mosquitoes, which usually means from past experience of this happening on Koh Phengan, that there have been cases of either Malaria or Dengy (sp) fever reported.... Usually it is the Thai's or Burmese that get hit with this...as they tend not to use repellent.. That last time I saw a general spray done, was after several people (locals) coming down with Malaria...on KP, that was three or four years ago...

With the continuous rain we are getting & there being a lot of standing water, it's a haven for mosquitoes... check for water sitting in buckets etc & dump them out! If standing water in the garden try to get it to move... dig a ditch, if you can & get water to drain away ! (not easy in some situations, I know...!)

The spray they used on KP rendered the male mosquitoes infertile.... the correct term for that not coming to me!

Castraquitos, amigo??

R