New Passport

please can any body help.my boyfriend went to mai sai border yesterday with new passport,but the current visa is in the older one,when he showed the new one they wouldnt stamp it only the old one he was supposed to get his 90 days but because his old passport runs out on the 30 march he only got 60 days he showed them the new passport which started on the 5th january but they wasnt interested,does any body know any thing please

He should have visited immigration to transfer the old permitted to stay into the new passport so that he could exit on that passport. He did not it seems.

He now needs to do so and get the current permitted to stay placed in his new passport. If his visa is multi entry and still valid he can then show both passports on a border crossing and receive the new entry in his new passport.

Actually his old passport should have been canceled and invalid for any entry - it did have corner cut or holes in it? That they stamped into the old passport may be an issue in trying to get this right. He could be considered on illegal entry now if found down the road so he needs to visit immigration and get it fixed, even if it requires a new entry.

Seems his old passport was still valid, in which case they stamp him in till the expiry date of the passport. He must go to immigration to have his details transferred to the new passport. Than he can get his permissions to stay and extensions in there.

He might even be able to get the remainder of the 90 days there for free in his new passport.

The old passport must be made invalid, only the page with valid visa must not be damaged in the process! The rest of the passport is invalidated with cutting of the corners of the other pages or punching holes in them.

Seems his old passport was still valid, in which case they stamp him in till the expiry date of the passport. He must go to immigration to have his details transferred to the new passport. Than he can get his permissions to stay and extensions in there.

He might even be able to get the remainder of the 90 days there for free in his new passport.

The old passport must be made invalid, only the page with valid visa must not be damaged in the process! The rest of the passport is invalidated with cutting of the corners of the other pages or punching holes in them.

ive once again been to mai sai immergration and they wont look at my new passport which should have ran out on the 30 march,but i got new passport which should run from the 5 th jan and i was told by our embassy to cut the corners off making it in valid,my visa runs out on the 4 may,but the man said wait till it runs out and then do border run,so will i get another 3 months or till may4 im cofused to say the least