Malpractice Liability

palomnik

Perhaps this subject has been visited here before, but a subject like this is a moving target.

My wife and I have been living in Thailand for two years. We originally started getting dental work done at a clinic here in Chiang Mai. We paid 150,000 baht for extensive work on my wife's teeth, only to find that the work done was totally wrong, the dentist had left decay, cracks in roots and infection untouched under several crowns that he installed, and the work had to be re-done completely - in fact, the later work cost even more because further work had to be done to repair the damage the first dentist caused.

My question to the forum is this: is there any legal recourse in this? We have already confronted the doctor and he reimbursed us 15,000 baht for the last work done, but the damage was much more extensive than that. If there are any reliable attorneys here that can handle this sort of work, or if anybody has a similar experience that they have dealt with successfully, I would love to hear about it. I could just walk away from this and consider myself lucky it wasn't worse, but there is a considerable amount of money involved, and I am not a wealthy man.

Edited by palomnik