Tourist Vis And Proof Of Further Travel

Hey..going back to the Kingdom soon , gonna get a triple entry tourist visa.. was curious with extensions that should be about 9 months or so, probably going to stay a year and a half.. last time i went i stayed a year and and had 2 tourist visas so after 4 months i had to make like.. 8 visa runs. I cant remember/unsure do you have to show proof of further traveL? As far as i know i would just put my airline down on the arrive/depart card and put down 30 days for time in the kingdom, which was true when i cross the border every 30 days.. but my last 2 trips i started getting hassled by the chief of immigration in Ranong, same with my friend. I remember he was pretty irate that we were from Canada, and i think my hair pissed him off too. Anyways i was just curious if someone can clear the laws up about proof of further travel.. because I want to get a 6 month round ticket to save money ( cheaper then a year round) and just buy a new ticket when its time to come back to canada. any help is appreciated thanks!

If you obtain a triple entry tourist visa you wont need proof of onward travel when you come here............as you say a triple nearly 9 months (remember the validity of the visa starts when it is issued not when you enter the country).

As you probably already know a triple will give you an intial 60 days stay that can be extended by 30 days within Thailand then your out and back in on the second entry for a further 60+30 and repeat for the third entry.

Maybe a haircut might be a good idea..............or buy a hat. :D:o

When you arrive with the visa you should enter the visa information and a stay of 60 days. When you cross land borders you had best be sure you carry enough money to return (10k for 30 day or 20k for visa stay) if you have had trouble in the past as it is probably more likely to be checked now.

As long as you have a visa in your passport the initial entry should not be a problem regardless of return date on ticket.

Just an added note, the multiple renetry - unlimited entries for 12 months from date of issue - used to be only a bit more than a double entry, ie the same price as a triple entry. It is more flexible if you want to go in and out of Thailand for any reason and costs nothing more.

Just an added note, the multiple renetry - unlimited entries for 12 months from date of issue - used to be only a bit more than a double entry, ie the same price as a triple entry. It is more flexible if you want to go in and out of Thailand for any reason and costs nothing more.

Used to be is the operative word. I do not believe you will find that type of tourist visa anymore.

Used to be is the operative word. I do not believe you will find that type of tourist visa anymore.

Not a Single Entry,

Nor a Double Entry,

Not even a Triple Entry,

but A Quadruple-Entry Tourist Visa...? :D

That must be such an antique relic... anyone with one in an old passport, surely they are a collector's item nowadays.

:D:o

Yo man what part of Canada you from and when ya going to Thailand?

:D

Hey Jesse from the other "cost of living" thread... I didn't realize you were in Vancouver (under your avatar)... forget what I said over there. If you're from parts of that place that I've been to, you'll have no trouble getting by on your money. Some of those Burnaby guys I encountered are as tough as nails....

always enjoyed a visit up there when I lived in Seattle....

nice blokes in Vancouver... it's a :o place...

Yo man what part of Canada you from and when ya going to Thailand?

:D

Hey Jesse from the other "cost of living" thread... I didn't realize you were in Vancouver (under your avatar)... forget what I said over there. If you're from parts of that place that I've been to, you'll have no trouble getting by on your money. Some of those Burnaby guys I encountered are as tough as nails....

always enjoyed a visit up there when I lived in Seattle....

nice blokes in Vancouver... it's a :o place...

Haha Alright thanks! Yeah I really do enjoy living here, it's a nice place. :D

Hey thanks for the help.. jesse I live in Edmonton, going back to Thailand probably Late Sept or early october.. also like any tips say after 9 months is up when i have to make a visa run every month.. I mean there is no problem with that right? why should immigration be getting upset ? alSO hey is this :

where's "kid" with his usual response???
supposed to be referring to me?

Hey thanks for the help.. jesse I live in Edmonton, going back to Thailand probably Late Sept or early october.. also like any tips say after 9 months is up when i have to make a visa run every month.. I mean there is no problem with that right? why should immigration be getting upset ? alSO hey is this :
where's "kid" with his usual response???
supposed to be referring to me?

SJ was refering to another member not yourself. :o

You could if you want go to Penang in Malaysia for a double entry tourist visa from the Thai Consulate there rather than border run evrey 30 days...............a double would give you another 6 months in Thailand in total.