15 Days Tourist Visa - Would Like To Extend; How?

Hi, I got a 15 days tourist visa (granted visa exempted entry) coz i came through Satun (I was out of Thailand for two months). I would like to extend my stay for another 15 days. Can i go to the immigration office at Chaeng Wattana or do i need to leave Thailand? thanks

Best you'll manage on a visa exemption is a 7 day extension (for 1900 Baht) and you'll need to show a flight out within those 7 days.

A border run for another exempt entry on the last day of your current stamp would be your best bet.

They have daily visa runs from Bangkok for 2,000 baht or so all inclusive and do not believe there is much walking involved with the help the people running them provide. If you are undergoing medical treatment it might open up an extension option but that does not sound as if it is the case from your post.

You might want to call and ask it walk would be an issue. You can Google or find in classified section of daily papers. Believe thaivisaservice and jacksgolf are two of the operators.

@ Lopburi3 : thanks for the info/leads. It's a great help. I was hit by a motorbike while working in Malaysia and had to exit to Thailand after my contract ends coz my tix back to my country is Ex-Bkk. I had wanted to rest in Bangkok for at least a month or two before making my way back home as my legs are still in plaster cast. I wasn't aware that i would only be given 15 days visa. Hence this post.

@ Lopburi3 : My visa ends on 15 February; when is the best time to go for the visa run? I thought of doing it on the Saturday 12 Feb that means 3 days before my visa ends. Is this wise? Do you know if they would extend from the 12 Feb onwards or they would extend from 15 Feb? thanks again; appreciate any info you can share with me.

It is not an extension but a new entry so it would start the day you enter. You can do it on the last day if you need the time but if not always good to do a day or two early just in case of a traffic accident or breakdown type delay.