Thai Gf To The Uk Visa

Sorry for any confusion....I meant beating the system legitimately... ;)

Drown them with paperwork....You "wouldn't wish to jeopardise an future visa applications by overstaying" etc etc etc.

I'm sure it's still possible to get a V/V. Fortunately my wife had worked abroad so we didn't have these sorts of problems.

Good luck whatever you decide to do :thumbsup:

RAZZ

The correct fee for a Tourist Visa to the UK is 3952baht at present, I paid last week.

Bank Draft or cheque payable to the "British Embassy Bangkok"

Edited by beano2274

Remember to get married you have to get the "Affirmation to Marry: form completed and done as per many posts on here. I would think that when you apply for the visa for your wife at that time, the ECO might see that she applied before and was refused then all of a sudden she is married to try to gain a visa, might be suspicious.

Just find reasons for her to return, family ties, job hunting, anything but address these first, use TV and the posts within it to help you get ideas. If you are gonna come to Thailand then why not book a flight, return to Thailand with her and use that as part of the reason for her to return.

As already said, we will be better able to advise on the visit refusal, and how to address it, were you to post the actual refusal notice (removing any names and other identifying info).

If you are ready to marry, then if they have accepted that the relationship is genuine, and are only worried about reason to return, then a settlement visa should present few, if any, difficulties. However, the Maintenance & Accommodation requirements are applied a little more strictly, I think, in settlement applications than in visit.

interesting you say her lack of property was the reason, when initially you said she has land worth 4000 pounds.

Unfortunately the days of taking gf's home are over unless your relationship is rock solid and she has a REAL job etc. which would be a good rerason for her to return!!

I was refused a visitor visa for my WIFE for very shaky reasons which i got overturned at tribunal.

My advice is to have along think about your future together. If you believe she is the one for you,

then next time you come to Thailand, get married. Then you can apply for a family visit visa or a settlement one,

and if that is refused then you can appeal to tribunal and they overturn them more often than not for genuine people.

I married my Gf in Thailand 3 years ago, I had only spoken and seen her on internet but we fell in love and i went out and married her. She is now here in England with me and we are waiting for her ILR to come through. I have got to say if it wasnt for this forum I would have been lost about how to go about visas and things, So good luck with everything.