The King'S Speech

Thailand

it's a fine movie if your taste runs to monarchist propaganda. The Russians were losing a million men at Stalingrad turning the war against the Nazis and this guy is engaged in a heroic struggle against stuttering?

And his brother,the ex King,was busy laundering cash for the Nazi's while living in luxury as thousands of Brit's and allies were busy dying on the battlefields. But that's history; disgusting but true.

Too long, too boring, a movie with endless tiring dialogue.

Never mind Kung <deleted> Panda 2 will soon be out. wink.gif

O.K., touche, good shot.

What you don't know about GOM is that I have a minor in film and have actually written a screenplay, the sequel to Dustin Hoffman's "The Graduate".

To the poster that mentioned it's overwhelming victory at The Oscars, that is why I posted "a slow year for pictures".

In my studies, having concentrated on Film Noir (Double Indemnity circa late 50's, fantastic picture puts The King's Speech to shame), Hitchcock, even classes on South American cinema, I assure you, this picture is just a load of drivel. Proud moment for English Cinema (?) sure, and congratulations but this is not one of the better "Best Picture" Oscar winners.