Bike Rides From Swampy Area?

andrew55

I've lust moved to Lat Krabang near suv.

Ideas for rides of 1- 3 days from here? I'd like to avoid going through the CBD of Bangkok as avoiding upstairs roads and not getting lost downstairs stresses me enough to make it not fun. Also don't like straight roads...

So where's the local 'Mae Hong Son loop'?

Happy with 1-star accommodation along the way and not a problem if areas are without fellow farang.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew.

Unfortunately there is no local "Mae Hong Song loop". If you want twisty roads then you can head up to the Khao Yai national park for some good twisty roads on a one day trip (a couple of hours each way), or for a 3 day trip go further up to Petchabun - that's the next trip on my list and from what I've seen it's the closest thing you'll get to the famous loop although it's not exactly local - about 400 kms from where you are I think. 3 days would be about right for this trip if you want some time to explore while you're up there.

If you go South East from Lat Krabang you can head down to Rayong or down to Koh Chang. Much straighter roads on this trip but it's a decent weekend break if you want to get out of the city. If you leave early you can be on the ferry to Koh Chang before lunch - driving over the poorly maintained, super steep, super tight "twisties" on Koh Chang can be quite interesting dodging the tourists on rented scooters and Hayabusa's, pickup trucks etc!

Unfortunately there is no local "Mae Hong Song loop". If you want twisty roads then you can head up to the Khao Yai national park for some good twisty roads on a one day trip (a couple of hours each way), or for a 3 day trip go further up to Petchabun - that's the next trip on my list and from what I've seen it's the closest thing you'll get to the famous loop although it's not exactly local - about 400 kms from where you are I think. 3 days would be about right for this trip if you want some time to explore while you're up there.

If you go South East from Lat Krabang you can head down to Rayong or down to Koh Chang. Much straighter roads on this trip but it's a decent weekend break if you want to get out of the city. If you leave early you can be on the ferry to Koh Chang before lunch - driving over the poorly maintained, super steep, super tight "twisties" on Koh Chang can be quite interesting dodging the tourists on rented scooters and Hayabusa's, pickup trucks etc!

Thanks JohnnyF.

Ok I live 90km south of swampy but I made this moring a beautiful 160km loop (starting at 6 am).

I started near route #36 (almost at Sukhumvit), took the "short-cut" to Khao Mai Kaeo, going under route #7 and following #3240 until #331 upto #36. Beautiful small mountains and early fog & clouds with a rising sun.

Followd #331 until #3191, passing a reservoir just before the big reservoir at Pluak Deang. Frome here took a short cut #331 again. Following the #331 in direction of my home.

Hopefully I will soon will be able to record a KML file of my trips and make some video clips of the stunning morning views and beautiful lakes.

Chang Noi

Ok I live 90km south of swampy but I made this moring a beautiful 160km loop (starting at 6 am).

I started near route #36 (almost at Sukhumvit), took the "short-cut" to Khao Mai Kaeo, going under route #7 and following #3240 until #331 upto #36. Beautiful small mountains and early fog & clouds with a rising sun.

Followd #331 until #3191, passing a reservoir just before the big reservoir at Pluak Deang. Frome here took a short cut #331 again. Following the #331 in direction of my home.

Hopefully I will soon will be able to record a KML file of my trips and make some video clips of the stunning morning views and beautiful lakes.

Chang Noi

I'll look it up and if confident will head off in the morning for 3-days/2-nights but guess I should go a bit further while I've a few days off. Appreciate your recommendation.

Ta.

Chang Noi

I'll look it up and if confident will head off in the morning for 3-days/2-nights but guess I should go a bit further while I've a few days off. Appreciate your recommendation.

Ta.

If you like a bigger loop ..... follow Sukhumvit #3 until Chantaburi (nice coast line) and then take the #317 to Aranyaphrathet and then take #33 back to the #304.

Chang Noi

Chang Noi

Ta.

If you like a bigger loop ..... follow Sukhumvit #3 until Chantaburi (nice coast line) and then take the #317 to Aranyaphrathet and then take #33 back to the #304.

Chang Noi

Leaving within the hour. Thanks again.