Urgent: Blood Type O Negative Needed In Bangkok

george

Urgent: Blood type O negative needed in Bangkok

A good and long time friend John Clarke is desperate in need of blood

type" O negative", he is in ICU at Samitivej Hospital at Sukhumvit soi 49,

please call or SMS his wife K. Gai 01 535 1700 if you can help.

Thank you in advance!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that there just is not enough "O Negative" blood held in stock by the Thai Red Cross who co-ordinate blood supplies. John needed blood to be flown in from Phuket to help him over the weekend. His needs is ongoing so please if you could all make contact with any one out there who may be able to help and get the word out amongst the expat community it would be greatly appreciated. FYI "O Negative" is a very rare blood type amongst asians and therefore it is only the expat community who can assist in this instance!

Please do whatever you can to get John the blood supplies he needs.

Sent the word in office. As soon as I find someone will contact the above numbers. Hope everything will be fine soon.

Best Regards

Vivek

Lets make a list of all the members with there Blood Groups and contact numbers and pin it in the forum. Easy to contact in times of emergency.

Sent the word in office. As soon as I find someone will contact the above numbers. Hope everything will be fine soon.

Best Regards

Vivek

Lets make a list of all the members with there Blood Groups and contact numbers and pin it in the forum. Easy to contact in times of emergency.

I have blood type O neg, but I'm pregnant at the moment so I believe I can't give. There are only about 4 known people on Samui with O neg blood and I would be happy to put my name on some kind of register for after I give birth. I have looked into doing so many times, but could never find anything appropriate.

O neg is a great blood type if you are negative as we can give to O, A, AB and B - but unfortunately for us we can only take O negative.

The only thing I can suggest is contacting the government hospital in Samui who have the names of the four known people on the island with O neg.

Best of luck

I remember in India we used to contact the Mobile phone service provider to send SMS to all the users in case of emergency and local cable TV network provider to give a small running ad on TV. There services are free also.

Best Regards

Vivek

I have blood type O neg, but I'm pregnant at the moment so I believe I can't give. There are only about 4 known people on Samui with O neg blood and I would be happy to put my name on some kind of register for after I give birth. I have looked into doing so many times, but could never find anything appropriate.

O neg is a great blood type if you are negative as we can give to O, A, AB and B - but unfortunately for us we can only take O negative.

The only thing I can suggest is contacting the government hospital in Samui who have the names of the four known people on the island with O neg.

Best of luck

I'm O negative but I'm in Korea. Could I help anyway?

Greg Turner [email protected] 756-9934

http://www.contemplationgarden.bravehost.com

I remember in India we used to contact the Mobile phone service provider to send SMS to all the users in case of emergency and local cable TV network provider to give a small running ad on TV. There services are free also.

Best Regards

Vivek

Best of luck

Urgent: Blood type O negative needed in Bangkok

A good and long time friend John Clarke is desperate in need of blood

type" O negative", he is in ICU at Samitivej Hospital at Sukhumvit soi 49,

please call or SMS his wife K. Gai 01 535 1700 if you can help.

Thank you in advance!

I am O negative, but in Singapore. I can give blood in Bangkok this coming saturday if that is any help. Please PM me if this is helpful - I don't know whether this timing is useful. I cannot give here to be sent up because the local authorities will not take blood from British people (in case of mad cow disease), even for use overseas (same thing came up after Bali bombing).

Thanks alot for the great idea. I have contacted the family and friends at Samitivej and they will follow up with AIS, DTAC, Orange and UBC.

Thanks alot for the great idea. I have contacted the family and friends at Samitivej and they will follow up with AIS, DTAC, Orange and UBC.

It would be a pleasure to be of any help.

and if possible can make a list of members with blood groups and contact numbers. the list can reside with moderators. no need to make it public, so nobody uses it for some other reason. can be of great help in case of emergency.

i am O something/....+ or - im tryin to find some docs...if  i cant findout then i can come by for a test and hapily donate if my matches. all i know is i am universal donor. is o +ve also universal donor?

If you are O- u can donate for

AB +

AB -

A +

A -

B +

B -

O +

O -

if you are O+ u can donate for

AB+

A +

B +

O +

BTW a person with type O negative Blood was considered to be a 'universal donor,' this may no longer be correct, because of a better understanding of the complex issues of immune reactions related to incompatible donor Blood cells.

Here is an interesting article that details the distribution of blood types around the planet. It provides a quite informative view, which for rare blood types, is handy when travelling or migrating.

O-ve is a problem in Asia.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/vary/vary_3.htm

net research reveals the patterns. My Boss is O-, and he's here in a week, so I'll ask him to donate...

cheers,

rob

Edited by lecter

O +ve is not going to help. I am also O+ve. O-ve person only needs O-ve. a very rare bloodgroup indeed.

yeah every1 in my family is the same blood group.....just checked the file of one person only....was hoping it would be O-ve....but its sad that we are all O+ve...

where i come from O+ve is a very common.

i like the idea of registering thaivisa members blood groups which would be viewable only to the mods. who knows when another fellow expat needs blood.....

there is a mentions of list of people with O-ve blood group. A site by some farang. anybody got more details??

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Weekly/weekly150.html

well if there are no proper DB regarding the blood group thingy, i could make a comunity website where ppl could enter their name and email address and blood group.

anyone with a specific requirement can choose to search and send emails to all of the matches the actual email address not viewable to the public only names viewable.

this site would consume atleast 3 days of my time and i would need someone to help me out with the graphics part.

ill make this site only if a similar site doesnt exist and ppl r wiling to help by entering their details to the database.

one more help would be some tiny donation for the domain name, not so important, i could make it under one of my existing sites.

i could also make a sms alerting system but each sms would cost me maybe 2 baht so scraping that idea.

howz the idea

hi,

my wife (she's Thai) has got O, but we don't know for sure - or +

She works as a nurse here at the Lardkrabang hospital (lardkrabang-bangkok) so tomorrow morning she will check her bloodtype and also ask around .....

Hope we ' ll be able to help

Erwin64

I tried to find on Google. could not find any such website. A couple of years back a friend sent a website link for blood group donors in Indian cities. can't even find that link :o there should be a website, country wise - statewise - city wise where such information be stored.

just woundering people make sites like classmates.com or batchmates.com. no body thinks of making a global site for blood donors.

seems like life has no value.

there is a mentions of list of people with O-ve blood group. A site by some farang. anybody got more details??

well if there are no proper DB regarding the blood group thingy, i could make a comunity website where ppl could enter their name and email address and blood group.

anyone with a specific requirement can choose to search and send emails to all of the matches the actual email address not viewable to the public only names viewable.

this site would consume atleast 3 days of my time and i would need someone to help me out with the graphics part.

ill make this site only if a similar site doesnt exist and ppl r wiling to help by entering their details to the database.

one more help would be some tiny donation for the domain name, not so important, i could make it under one of my existing sites.

i could also make a sms alerting system but each sms would cost me maybe 2 baht so scraping that idea.

howz the idea

howz the idea

Thaivisa.com is willing to sponsor such a website. May I suggest a subdomain to thaivisa.com, eg bloodbank.thaivisa.com or similar

Please PM me and we can discuss a setup with website and database. You can be up and running within hours. We also have an SMS gateway you could use free of charge.

Cheers

George

dear gorge

i support idea of blood group DB.

yes in india we have such free services as vivek informed.

i suggest collect donation via bank a/c mangaed by TV. and roll the project out i saw the post from SR member who can do the things right within tiny funds.

pray to god for recovery of jhon.

atul (A+)

Thinking something in the lines of classmates and batchmates .com sites. list of countries and major cities is there. if ur city is not available just add it. invite more and more people to add there informations. information never revealed to anybody but the site moderators. anybody needing help just inform and get the list of willing persons or just a message to the members of that city/town with matching groups so that they may contact the needy.

time to think big fellas.

this whole world is my home.

howz the idea

Thaivisa.com is willing to sponsor such a website. May I suggest a subdomain to thaivisa.com, eg bloodbank.thaivisa.com or similar

Please PM me and we can discuss a setup with website and database. You can be up and running within hours. We also have an SMS gateway you could use free of charge.

Cheers

George