Urgent: Blood Type O Negative Needed In Bangkok

george

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not the correct blood group, nor is my husband, however, I would be willing to donate at short notice. If you are going to collect a list of blood donors, please contact me. I am B+, Mr Leisuirely is A+. I have given blood twice here in LOS> Once at Pastuer institute (red cross) and once in a coach type thing outside childrens museum in Chatuchak.

Good luck.

Neither myself nor my husband have O type blood so unfortunately, we can be of no help in this instance. I would definitely list our names on a site however. Hubby is AB+ and his dad (who spends about 4 months a year here) is AB- which is also rare.

I know John Clarke as I used to teach his daughter. I have sent an email to all my contacts here in Thailand. It turns out that one person has already given. I hope a couple more will come out of it. I will keep him in my thoughts.

My friend called but no body picked the phone. George I've got 2 persons with O-ve. please suggest what to do. I m trying to connect to the number given.

His wife might having a hard time right now. Try to send an SMS or please contact the hosptal directly. Anyone have the hospital number?

Thanks.

Samitivej Hospital (Sukhumvit)

133 Sukhumvit 49, Klongton Nua,

Wattana, Bangkok. 10110

Tel : +66-2711-8000

Fax : +66-2391-1290

Email : [email protected]

Other contact point :

Samitivej Referral

Marketing - Samitivej Sukumvit

Marketing - International

Marketing - Japanese & Korea

Corporate Sales - Contract Business

I called the hospital. for today they say its OK. anways I'll sms the numbers of my friends to K Gai in case the blood is needed again.

Hi, I have just logged on and noticed this. I have O- blood (not sure if ve) and will be happy to donate if my blood is acceptable; however I'm on prescription medication for asthma and for this reason was never accepted as a donor in the UK, though I tried a number of times. I didn't realise that O- blood was so rare here, so I think a farang Bloodtype Database might well be a very good idea.

I am O Rh D Neg but a bit long in the tooth now so sometimes they don't accept my blood. The definition may go a bit deeper now but I am a universal donor under the up to date definition and can be called upon. I did come forward after the tsunami but was declared too tired... (too ancient is what they meant). If I get plenty of sleep, food and lay off the beers for a few days I normally get fit enough but I need a big push for that :o

I am O Rh D Neg but a bit long in the tooth now so sometimes they don't accept my blood.  The definition may go a bit deeper now but I am a universal donor under the up to date definition and can be called upon.  I did come forward after the tsunami but was declared too tired...  (too ancient is what they meant).  If I get plenty of sleep, food and lay off the beers for a few days I normally get fit enough but I need a big push for that :o

have put the word out even though myself and immediate family cannot help

I have O-, have not given blood in awhile, and am glad to help. However, I am in USA now and will not come back to BKK untill 26 Sept. I guess I should check this thread a few days before I arrive and see if there is a need.

About 3 mos ago, I stopped in Bumrungrad to see if they wanted my blood, and they said at that time, they didn't have a need for O-.

Thaivisa.com is willing to sponsor such a website. May I suggest a subdomain to thaivisa.com, eg bloodbank.thaivisa.com or similar

Please PM me and we can discuss a setup with website and database. You can be up and running within hours. We also have an SMS gateway you could use free of charge.

Cheers

George

Fantastic !!!!

I have added a Medical listing to my forums please register and list your abilities to assist in these matters.

I have just finished restructuring my website and am repopulating it so this would be a great addition to the members old and new.

Click Here to go to Thailand Friends Network Then enter the forums.

I am going to ad this heart felt plea to my forums for blood donations and list it back here I am not sure if that is against the rules here if so just let me know and I will change it.

Edited by yamaharr1

Sent the word in office. As soon as I find someone will contact the above numbers. Hope everything will be fine soon.

Best Regards

Vivek

Lets make a list of all the members with there Blood Groups and contact numbers and pin it in the forum. Easy to contact in times of emergency.

Thats a brill idea. I for one would be up for that.

I have one confirmed O negative reply so far to a Pattaya board appeal but he does not arrive here until the 13th October and is willing to donate if it is still needed. Lets hope that the crisis has passed by then but shout if not.

Urgent: Blood type O negative needed in Bangkok

A good and long time friend John Clarke is desperate in need of blood

type" O negative", he is in ICU at Samitivej Hospital at Sukhumvit soi 49,

please call or SMS his wife K. Gai 01 535 1700 if you can help.

Thank you in advance!

This topic has cropped up before on numerous occasions.

I cannot believe that no one has made the effort to search Google with:

"blood donor" bangkok "rhesus negative"

Top of the list is http://www.bambi-bangkok.org/blood.php.

I had to read four submission pages before I could establish that this information has not already been submitted!

Cheers,

John_Betong

Samitivej Hospital (Sukhumvit)

133 Sukhumvit 49, Klongton Nua,

Wattana, Bangkok. 10110

Tel : +66-2711-8000

Fax : +66-2391-1290

Email : [email protected]

Other contact point :

Samitivej Referral

Marketing - Samitivej Sukumvit

Marketing - International

Marketing - Japanese & Korea

Corporate Sales - Contract Business

I called the hospital. for today they say its OK. anways I'll sms the numbers of my friends to K Gai in case the blood is needed again.

Whilst the hospital may say that it is ok they did not actually pick up the problem and it became a critical issue on Saturday with people flying up to BKK from Phuket with donated blood in their luggage. John's need is ongoing 2+ units per day with a stock for approx two days as at yesterday afternoon.

If anyone who is able to donate O- blood contacts me then I will pass this on to the family and friends who are with John at Samitivej. If you could also send me the details of your friends I will make sure this gets through to them As George said Khun Gai is quite busy taking care of John and their are quite a few people who are helping to support her as best we can during this difficult time.

Thanks to everyone for all the post's and the offer's of help for John.

I had to read four submission pages before I could establish that this information has not already been submitted!

Cheers,

John_Betong

Well done, John! :o I am surprised that noone found it before. The Bambi is an excellent resource site. However, they cater mainly for people with children and may not be the first thought for someone who doesn't know about it, or may not be visted by potential donors who don't have kids. Easy to find? - maybe, but people don't think straight in an emergency do they?

That's why I still think it would be a good idea for ThaiVisa to have its own registry, and maybe to get together with the other agencies to create a combined access thing - which ought to be publicised, not only here but on all those types of websites, in offices and workplaces with a lot of westerners. Maybe travel books could be asked to include this information if they don't already, and a few posters at the airports or in hospitals could be useful! That way donors might be found not only for rh neg types, but for other rare types.

Big dreams maybe, but if lives are at stake (and mine could easily be one of them, as I am rh neg) I would be happy to contribute some baht to make them come true.

Cheers,

John_Betong

Well done, John! :o I am surprised that noone found it before. The Bambi is an excellent resource site. However, they cater mainly for people with children and may not be the first thought for someone who doesn't know about it, or may not be visted by potential donors who don't have kids. Easy to find? - maybe, but people don't think straight in an emergency do they?

That's why I still think it would be a good idea for ThaiVisa to have its own registry, and maybe to get together with the other agencies to create a combined access thing - which ought to be publicised, not only here but on all those types of websites, in offices and workplaces with a lot of westerners. Maybe travel books could be asked to include this information if they don't already, and a few posters at the airports or in hospitals could be useful! That way donors might be found not only for rh neg types, but for other rare types.

Big dreams maybe, but if lives are at stake (and mine could easily be one of them, as I am rh neg) I would be happy to contribute some baht to make them come true.

the site creation is in progress with help from george.

this would allow potential donors to enlist themselves, and people needing blood can list, search, send email/sms directly from the site.

more ideas would be helpfull

http://bloodbank.thaivisa.com

Whilst the hospital may say that it is ok they did not actually pick up the problem and it became a critical issue on Saturday with people flying up to BKK from Phuket with donated blood in their luggage. John's need is ongoing 2+ units per day with a stock for approx two days as at yesterday afternoon.

If anyone who is able to donate O- blood contacts me then I will pass this on to the family and friends who are with John at Samitivej. If you could also send me the details of your friends I will make sure this gets through to them As George said Khun Gai is quite busy taking care of John and their are quite a few people who are helping to support her as best we can during this difficult time.

Thanks to everyone for all the post's and the offer's of help for John.

If I fly up from Singapore on saturday morning and go to that hospital, will someone there be able to take my blood on the spot for the patient ? I am O- . I cannot have the blood taken in Singapore as they won't take from Brits here.

As a result of reposting this to Pattaya message boards two O- friends have come forward and called his wife. One is from Oz and resident here and the other from the US and here for another few days only. The hospital says they have enough for the next couple of days and if they can help then they both will. Good luck to the guy.