What To Do After Multiple-Entry Visa Expires

I am an Australian living in Lamphang and my multiple-entry visa, which I have been using for the last 15 months, will expire on 26 March. I will travel to Sydney on business on 8 April and apply for a new non-O visa there. If I cross the border at Mae Sai on the 26 March and re-enter, will Immigration give me a visa which will tide me over until the 8 April? If not, are there any other options?

If you go over the border and return by land transport you will get 15 days, if you leave the country and return by air you will get 30 days.

Seems 15 days will be enough.

Edit:

If the non-O is based on marriage, you have the option of getting a 60 day extension for 1,900 baht.

If you go over the border and return by land transport you will get 15 days, if you leave the country and return by air you will get 30 days.

Edit:

If the non-O is based on marriage, you have the option of getting a 60 day extension for 1,900 baht.

Does that 60 day extension have to be applied for in BKK? or would a local immigration office be OK too?

Are there other requirements than the 1.900 baht?

At what day can the application be made?

Thanks.

The application for a 60 day extension based on Thai wife or child must be made at your local immigration office.

Requirements are proof of relationship, (wedding certificate), copy of wife's ID-card and household registration, of course your passport and arrival card and pass photo. The wife/child should also accompany you.

Always best to call them first, as they might have extra requirements.

The extension is given on the spot and can be made in the last 30 days of your current permission to stay.

2.24 In the case of an alien

visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission

will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto.

What the max then fot married man

If I use my non O married on penultimate day I can get almost 15 months

Do a 15 day border run then 60 days extension

is that the limit before must go outside Thailand ad start the cycle again

Sorry to ask possibly redundant questions but its all very confusing Oz US all fre online andd set periods here seems to be purposely complex?

Or am I too stupid or logical

Thanks again for thai visa and all the posters keeping us up to date with inconsistent policies and unannounced changes

Thank you

Edit:

What the max then fot married man

If I use my non O married on penultimate day I can get almost 15 months

Do a 15 day border run then 60 days extension

is that the limit before must go outside Thailand ad start the cycle again

Sorry to ask possibly redundant questions but its all very confusing Oz US all fre online andd set periods here seems to be purposely complex?

Or am I too stupid or logical

Thanks again for thai visa and all the posters keeping us up to date with inconsistent policies and unannounced changes

You can get 15 months out of a multiple entry non-immigrant, than 60 days on your last extension and than do a border run (15 days by land/30 by air and apply for a 60 day extension again.

60 day extensions are not given back to back.