Comics Books In Bangkok

ajthegreat

Hello I just came across these forums and they have a wealth of great information.

I am an avid comic book reader, superman and x-men, but I have not been able to find any shops that sell english language comic books. Do anybody know where I could find any in Bangkok.

Thanks

Hello I just came across these forums and they have a wealth of great information. 

I am an avid comic book reader, superman and x-men, but I have not been able to find any shops that sell english language comic books.  Do anybody know where I could find any in Bangkok.

Thanks

Big C near the World trade center has a store that sells english language graphic novels, trading card games, and comics. It's on the floor where they sell movie tickets.

Thanks for all the 411 info on the comics. I came across the place on the 5th floor of MBK but unfortunately they did not have any comics in there. Will check out out the one near Big C.

BTW bkkmadness do you know any url's where they offer comics to downlaod, have never come across yet.

Thanks again

Thanks for all the 411 info on the comics.  I came across the place on the 5th floor of MBK but unfortunately they did not have any comics in there.  Will check out out the one near Big C.

BTW bkkmadness do you know any url's where they offer comics to downlaod, have never come across yet.

Thanks again

I know www.torrentspy.com has some, with some classics like 'watchmen' and 'sin city' on there. There are definately other sites as well but I don't know them, have to search google and see what you can find I'm afraid. :o

Thanks for all the 411 info on the comics.  I came across the place on the 5th floor of MBK but unfortunately they did not have any comics in there.  Will check out out the one near Big C.

Thanks again

Go to dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/ and download the program DC++ its filesharing software.

Theres a few good hubs for comics. Regularly updated with all the new titles.

Cartoons and comics is the best. All Marvel/DC/Indies. :o

ahhh. a subject I used to be very fond of. back in my childhood days, I collected comic books with a passion. my favorite were marvels comics. thor, daredevil, x-men, dr.strange, etc.

back in the 60's they cost me from 10 to 25 cents an issue. after they got expensive, I stopped buying them. at my peak, I had over 20k comic books.

I still have about 3k sitting in a closet in sacramento. mostly 60's stuff. will go back soon to see if they are still in good shape to sell. should be able to get at least a dollar per issue.

I remember having #1s of daredevil, sub-mariner, iron-man, and conan. also had the issue of the avengers where captain america was revived. I think it was issue #2 or 3.

boy. I wish I kept my #1 of fantastic four, and spiderman. hmmm... I wonder how much my #1s are worth now? I will check...

my favorite stories were the ones with the silver surfer and the magnus. the eternal one, the watcher, chaos, and all the celestrial elements fighting it out.

yeah. I know. kind of nerdy, right? hehehe.

Just a head up to everybody.

I went to both Asia Books and Bookazine but they had a very limited amount of comics, mostly Archie type books.

There is a Japanese bookstore across from Asia Books in Siam Discovery (I think that was the building) called Books Kinokuniya. They carred many of the 5 in 1 comics books of the most popular DC and Marvel titles.

Just remember to leave me the Superman ones though LOL

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am an avid comic book reader, superman and x-men, but I have not been able to find any shops that sell english language comic books. Do anybody know where I could find any in Bangkok.

Thanks

Actually, we do have English comic books site base in Bangkok. You can go to http://www.zinninfo.com . You can contact them and order the books you like from your home. Yeah, you better go to the site and read all the information there. You will see many kind of comic books such as X-man, BatMan and Fantastic Four ect., Good luck!!!

Regarding downloads, some are freely distributed, some aren't. Please make sure you aren't openly discussing pirated material. Copyright on periodicals ranges from 26-50yrs so some classics should be fine :o

cv

• 3 weeks later...

well you can always go to marvels official site and they have some comics you can read www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/

as for other members referring to jatujak i was wondering if you know where i can find the specific store that carries comics. I'm an X-Men fan and i went looking around jatujak but all i found were Mad and Archie comics as well as a lot of anime. I know kinokuniya (sp?) has a lot of comics as well as letting you order your own but as stated before they can get pretty pricey. Anyways anymore places anyone has found or confirmed would be great.