Sending Money To Thailand

Get a visa card with a minimum credit limit in your name....send it to her and send the PIN separate.....you can then use the net or phone banking to transfer the money into the card you give her for free.....it will cost her 120 baht for each withdrawal....Just started doing this..beats the $35 slug at WU. You also get the account statements, so you can keep an eye on it.

When we settle in oz, my wife will send her mum some money from time to time. Would it be better to open an account with an Aussie bank and send her the card or transfere money into a Thai bank?

What is the usual way that people do it?

Cheers!

If her mother has a thai bank just transfur using internet banking

I have been doing it this way for years to top up my Thai bank account if I want to buy something that is expensive

You could also set up a atuomatic transfur so that a certan amount went into her mothers account every month this the way I would go no running around

When we settle in oz, my wife will send her mum some money from time to time. Would it be better to open an account with an Aussie bank and send her the card or transfere money into a Thai bank?

Cheers!

Tell her mum to get a job and earn her own money. Her daughter has probably been supporting her for years so maybe its time she took care of her self. This way ther are no bank fees and you can use YOUR money to build a better life for you and HER DAUGHTER. The mother should be happy that her daughter has a good man that loves her and wants to take care of her.

###### i hate scabby mother in laws

Cheers!

Tell her mum to get a job and earn her own money. Her daughter has probably been supporting her for years so maybe its time she took care of her self. This way ther are no bank fees and you can use YOUR money to build a better life for you and HER DAUGHTER. The mother should be happy that her daughter has a good man that loves her and wants to take care of her.

A daughter is expected to help family and this is normal and expected.

I am fully aware that there are often excess demands made but in general the wife will be expected to provide some support.

Cheers!

A daughter is expected to help family and this is normal and expected.

I am fully aware that there are often excess demands made but in general the wife will be expected to provide some support.

Do you have a friend in the area that you can trust. No matter how much you send it will be gone instantly. If you have friend who can just give her cash each week, she will be better off and so will you.

If not I can't think of a good way. People who don't earn thier money don't respect it.

Cheers!

Errmm, how do you know mama's not in a wheelchair? :o

I just transferred some money using ANZ online banking. I think there was a fee that was about $15. The exchange rate used was about 27B to AUD$1, so this would probably be costly if done on a regular basis.

Bankei

I have a regular monthly transfer from my Commonwealth bank account to my thai bank account. The first time I transferred the bank teller suggested that I should change it into thai baht first then transfer as they said its a better exchange rate. WRONG The exchange rate they gave me in aust was about 3 baht less than in Thailand.

My advice to anybody who is transferring money using the aust banks is to transfer it in Australian dollar. When it arrives in thailand the thai bank will give you a much better exchange rate. I have done this now for the past 12 months and always get the same exchange rate as quoted in the media etc.

Also my bank charges me $28 for each transfer so its better to make the transfer a sizeable one so as to justify the transfer fee. ie. not worth it for a couple of hundred dollars every time.

I find if it for only small amounts (5000 baht a couple of times per month) then the $5 non-bank atm fee is better than the overseas transfer fee.