La Monita, Bangkok

cwldanny

This isn't exactly a review since I didn't take any photos (And the kitchen was closed by the time I went there), but I would just like to let everyone know that the owner/manager of La Monita (Mexican Restaurant) near Ploen Chit BTS Station was very hospitable today. I have eaten there before and I loved the Nachos / Burritos. Would highly recommend anyone to try the Mexican cuisine there if they are nearby. I'll get an in-depth review the next time I stop by =)

Bangkok Gastronomy

I've been going there almost every month for about a year now. The food is great and like the above poster mentioned, the owner is also great! The restaurant used to be small but they recently expanded to accomodate more people. Before, almost everytime I went there they had to turn away atleast 3 or 4 parties while I was there. Thank God they expanded!

• 10 months later...

Would agree with the positive comments. While pricey, the quality stands out. There have been numerous posts about what is Mexican food=regional, including Americano, BUT never Taco Bell. Logically, one might think locals here would love it. After all, "THai" chillis are from Mexico amigos. Adios.

• 3 weeks later...

Would agree with the positive comments. While pricey, the quality stands out. There have been numerous posts about what is Mexican food=regional, including Americano, BUT never Taco Bell. Logically, one might think locals here would love it. After all, "THai" chillis are from Mexico amigos. Adios.

Mexican food is picking up with trendier, more moneyed Thais but I somehow doubt Mexican will ever be as big here as say, Japanese, or Thai style Korean BBQ. Also consider, Thai food isn't popular in Mexico but Mexican style Chinese food is ...

Mexican food is picking up with trendier, more moneyed Thais but I somehow doubt Mexican will ever be as big here as say, Japanese, or Thai style Korean BBQ. Also consider, Thai food isn't popular in Mexico but Mexican style Chinese food is ...

La Monita could be. Its that good.

La Monita could be. Its that good.

What does good have to do with it? There is great Indian food in Bangkok. Don't see many Thais eating it. I agree there is a bigger market for good Mexican in Thailand for Thais but I just don't see a MASS market.

I tried El Diablos the other night it was pretty good.

Was very dissapointed with La monitas after hearing such good things about it.

IMO theres no place for frech fries in a breakfast burrito, Mind you after doing a quick google search I may be wrong.

IMO theres no place for frech fries in a breakfast burrito, Mind you after doing a quick google search I may be wrong.

A breakfast burrito is a massive Americanization in the first place, and if there's a place for Thai peanut sauce chicken burritos in the world, I don't see a problem with french fries, as long as they warn you on the menu! Haven't tried that kind of dish but I like french fries in falafel lavash wraps, not so different. Edited by Jingthing

A breakfast burrito is a massive Americanization in the first place, and if there's a place for Thai peanut chicken burritos in the world, I don't see a problem with french fries, as long as they warn you on the menu! Haven't tried that kind of dish but I like french fries on falafel lavash wraps, not so different.

I quite like fries in my falafel/chicken shwarma as well!

Regarding the burrito Its advertised as having a crispy potatoes. Just seemed stuffed full of egg and french fries.

The Breakafst Burrito from sunrise is far better IMO.

• 1 month later...