Re-entry Permit Query

I am on my first extension for my Non Imm O visa and have just started doing the 90 day reporting process. My first reporting is to occur in mid Oct. Towards the end of oct I am off to Australia with the wife for 3 months.

My questions are:

1. Do I inform the immigration who I got the extension through to tell them that I will be overseas and using a re-entry permit and therfore wont be able to make the next reporting date.

2. What is the procedure when I arrive back in Thailand and wish to use the rest of my extension.

Thanks in advance

So long as you have a valid re-entry permit you need do nothing :o

Leaving the Kingdom resets the 90 day reporting counter and a fresh 90 days starts when you return, filling in the TM6 arrival card equates to reporting your address (so your first report on returning will be 90 days after your return).

When you arrive back in Thailand you will receive an entry stamp valid until the end of your current extension.

CHECK YOUR STAMP AT THE AIRPORT it is not unknown for the immigration officers to get it wrong, easy to correct on the spot, a pain if you don't notice.

As said you do not report when outside of Thailand and clock restarts on return so just remember to count 90 day from date of return and make your next report then. They will see your new entry card and know why.

Be sure you have a re-entry permit prior to leaving Thailand or you will lose your extension of stay. When you return you write that information on your entry card as your visa and get a stamp for the date shown on it (which will be the same as your extension of stay).