Old Pool ( Advise Needed)

Nirvana

Dear Fellow Members

I have a pool in Koh Samui that is now getting old.

Dimenions below and pictures attached.

Tropical 3815DE 11.76L,4.56W,DEEP 1.37-1.80M . IT WAS BUILT18 YRS AGO

It had the liner replaced about 2.5 years ago due to fact that in deep end the last very heavy monsoon season we had the liner lifted from below due to thye force of the water.

We have now had again a very heavy monsoon season and same has happened or maybe structural collapse.

post-46193-0-04094300-1297399156_thumb.jpost-46193-0-09154600-1297399171_thumb.jpost-46193-0-61828300-1297399187_thumb.j

It seems for a pool constructed as this and with liner the best idea would be to start again but I am open to suggestions as I do not want to spend a bomb.

Clearly I would deploy a contractor to do this. Till date we have worked with a company in bangkok called BLT. Now we are gathering quotes on the island but reputations are less than admirable some might say.

I would really welcome some advise / suggestions on what to do here without spending a packet.

Tile or Liner ?

The pool was obviously build maybe a little low and sits at deep end on water table in wet season hence the water underneath pushing up liner.

As of now I have not pumped out the pool and investigated whether it is structural collapse or water seepage.

Thanks

Nirvana

post-46193-0-21770300-1297399285_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Any Takers ?

Some advise would be appreciated in the open forum.

Cheers Nirvana

If I understand correctly, this is not a poured concrete pool correct? We just repaired a pool like this in Bangkok; we removed the liner, removed all the interior supports, and properly poured the floor / walls with concrete (15cm); we then tiled onto this. I can think of no other approach for you, other than to go ahead and replace the liner (as you have done before).

Best,

Gil

As i see, your liner is lifted by the groundwather during the Monsunrain. If you want to solve the problem you need to have a drainage under the pool to keep away the Groundwather. Replace the liner and go on. Never keep a linerd pool without wather during rainsaison... Are im right?

As i see, your liner is lifted by the groundwather during the Monsunrain. If you want to solve the problem you need to have a drainage under the pool to keep away the Groundwather. Replace the liner and go on. Never keep a linerd pool without wather during rainsaison... Are im right?

Hi

No the pool was completely full all the time, in dec once since it lifted so badly we turned off the pumps and left it. The state it is in and water dropping is due to evaporation etc

Agree it has been lifted by water from underneath.

Now it is so old anyhow , believe best idea is to replace it. The water pressure underneath in a very bad year (say every 3 -4 years) is very strong and like a fountain.

Thanks

Nirvana