New Simple Jailbreak Now Available For Iphone And Ipad

TheLaughingMan

The part that amuses me is that people actually buy a very expensive device that they then have to "jailbreak" like you are some knind of thief... Why not let Apple know what you think of their locked-up system by not purchasing their stuff?

I would never buy a locked product, from Apple or anybody else... Why not make the truly free choice and go for an Android based smartphone? :ph34r:

You do not HAVE to jailbreak. They come unlocked. Your argument is moot.

I did the Green Poison JB today, quick, easy, simple... providing you follow the onscreen instructions it just works.

Can you kindly let me know if it is a iPhone 4 you have?

Also if you are running FW 4.2.1 with baseband 3.10.1???

TIA!

That is exactly the phone I jailbroke with greenpoison in 5 minutes and little effort. As well as my ipad.

I had an andriod phone for a while, i went back to the iPhone because (IMHO) its a far superior device and has much better support for applications/games etc. Personal choice i guess but i prefer the iPhone.

Yes mine is an iPhone v4 with the 4.2.1 iOS etc. I actually dont need to Jailbrake it because the only thing i need extra that doesnt come as standard on iOS is WiFi hotspot so i can piggy back my iPad off my iPhones internet connection... but that facility comes with iOS 4.3 so i could just wait the week or two until that is released, but as i like to play around a bit i decided to Jailbrake the phone and then try MyWi 4.0.

My iPad isnt Jailbroken, nor ever will be (that i can foresee right now) and when iOS 4.3 comes out i will upgrade and not worry about jailbraking anymore... I dont mind paying for applications, most of them are only a few dollars and as i work in software development myself i do not begrudge a few dollars to developers who make something i like and use...

I will not buy another device that is locked to a particular network again. When we got our iphones we were under the impression that we could settle with Apple/ITT and get them unlocked. My fault for failing due diligence. I am grateful for the guys who created the jailbrakes (and I made a contribution to support them)

I'm still looking for a way to recover my apps and data that did not come through. The stuff is on the backup and I can drag them onto the phone but they won't stay on the phone. If anyone has any ideas I'll give them a try.

Someone suggested that I go back to The OS and firmware that the backup was created in, but I don't think that I can go back because I've flashed the 6.1.2 ipad firmware which acording to the warnings I can never return from. I'm open to ideas. The only thing that is irreplaceable is a couple of mp4 videos of my kids and I would think that there is a way to find them in the backup file and recover just them.

Edited by trisailer

• 2 weeks later...

Guys - I'm 58 and the height of my PC savvy is to get someone to do it. I have an iPhone 4, purchased in the UK and locked to O2. It is version 4.2.1(8C148) model MC603B. tHE FIRMWARE IS 03.10.01.

All i want to do is unlock the think so that i can use my True SIM & access my emails - apps. I contacted a shop in the big phone mall in BKK, the one that unlocked by iphone 3. They want THB 6000 to unlock it!

Does anyone know of a shop, address / phone number, where i can pitch up and get the iPhone 4 unlocked. I am hopeless technically so i just want the service carried out at a fair and reasonable price. If anyone can help i would be very greetful.

Cheers - Technophobe John.

Guys - I'm 58 and the height of my PC savvy is to get someone to do it. I have an iPhone 4, purchased in the UK and locked to O2. It is version 4.2.1(8C148) model MC603B. tHE FIRMWARE IS 03.10.01.

All i want to do is unlock the think so that i can use my True SIM & access my emails - apps. I contacted a shop in the big phone mall in BKK, the one that unlocked by iphone 3. They want THB 6000 to unlock it!

Does anyone know of a shop, address / phone number, where i can pitch up and get the iPhone 4 unlocked. I am hopeless technically so i just want the service carried out at a fair and reasonable price. If anyone can help i would be very greetful.

Apparently youre baseband 3.10.01 is NOT unlockable at the moment, this is what it says at iclarified which has the best tutorials to unlock and jailbreak. But that could change any day, they might come up with an unlock in the near future, but not today. If they were quoting you a price they probably dont know your baseband.

Apparently youre baseband 3.10.01 is NOT unlockable at the moment, this is what it says at iclarified which has the best tutorials to unlock and jailbreak. But that could change any day, they might come up with an unlock in the near future, but not today. If they were quoting you a price they probably dont know your baseband.

Thanks for the answer. Shame about the firewire. I will just have to wait!

Interesting thread! I have a 3G running 3.1.3 and with modem firmware 04.26.08.

and I want to upgrade to the latest iOS just so I can use iBooks. The phone is unlocked/jailbroken

and works great here in Nepal.

I used to be an IT person but still can't make heads or tails out of iClarified instructions...the problem is not that I can't

follow the tuts, I just can't find one that looks right for my current config, and there are so

many warning disclaimers, it's really hard to parse. Can anyone clarify iclarified for me? thx!!!

Interesting thread! I have a 3G running 3.1.3 and with modem firmware 04.26.08.

and I want to upgrade to the latest iOS just so I can use iBooks.

Forget about iOS 4.0 and above for the 3G. It's too slow. Seriously. Don't do it. Stay on 3.1.3 and use Stanza or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Disagree, I have 3gs 32 gig running 4.2.1 and thelatest base band jail broken with greenpois0n it took 3 attempts for it tocomplete but they do tell you that’s possible, hardest part was getting intodfu mode (must be my age slowing me down) and its as fast as my friends iphone 4 and seldom runs out of resources because it doesnt automatically multitask, however with backgrounder app i can selectively multitask any app.

Previously I was running 3.1.3 I upgraded to 4.2.1 as soon as greenpois0nreleased the untethered jailbreak, Normally you only have to wait a month or sobefore upgrading your firmware and are able to jailbreak again, always makesure you have the latest version of appsync

from cydia installed if you don’t want to lose apps when syncing.

Greenpois0n

The iPhone dev team are beta testing an untethered jailbreak for 4.3.1 andlatest baseband that has been proven to work by Stefan Esser (video on YouTube)they are not sure if it will be released as redsnow or pagewin yet but it seemsits only days rather than weeks away. Read the blog.

If anyone wants some good free cydia sources or has some to share lets PM

• 2 weeks later...