Where To Buy Broadband Wireless Router

rholofcener

Any ideas on this. I can find wireless routers, but not with phone ports. I live in Chiang Mai, but if there isn't a place to buy one here, maybe there is a dealer in Bangkok. I am trying to avoid having to have one shipped from the states since they come with 110v power supplies. I already fried one using a converter. Thanks.

Any ideas on this. I can find wireless routers, but not with phone ports. I live in Chiang Mai, but if there isn't a place to buy one here, maybe there is a dealer in Bangkok. I am trying to avoid having to have one shipped from the states since they come with 110v power supplies. I already fried one using a converter. Thanks.

Could you further describe your application and/or requirements?

My guess is that you need a 4-port router/WiFi access point, without an integrated ADSL modem? But I'm guessing.

I think every manufacturer (Linksys, D-Link, SMC, et. al.) make one of these? And they should be widely available in Thailand; I've seen them here in Bangkok at both Panthip and Fortune/IT Mall.

Linksys WRT54G

I don't think they are sold in Thailand, not much need for them as there are no local voip providers using them over here.

I guess you've got a Vonage subscription...Friend of mine fried his Vonage box (a linksys RT41P2-A I think it was) by plugging it directly in the 220 volt outlet!

He ended up getting a new one shipped over from the US :o

Edited by monty

OK, I guess you are looking for something like a Linksys WRT54GP2 ? If you cannot find one with a 220 'brick' (AC-DC converter) then you could order one from the U.S. and then use a local Linksys brick. You could ask around for just the brick or purchase the least expensive Linksys device that comes with a compatible brick. I've been out of the VoIP industry for a year or so but could you find a local VoIP ATA (analog telephone adapter: IP/ethernet in/analog telephone out) and then just plug that into an ethernet port on a router/WiFi AP?

OK, I guess you are looking for something like a Linksys WRT54GP2 ? If you cannot find one with a 220 'brick' (AC-DC converter) then you could order one from the U.S. and then use a local Linksys brick. You could ask around for just the brick or purchase the least expensive Linksys device that comes with a compatible brick. I've been out of the VoIP industry for a year or so but could you find a local VoIP ATA (analog telephone adapter: IP/ethernet in/analog telephone out) and then just plug that into an ethernet port on a router/WiFi AP?

I hadn't thought about trying a telephone adapter that plugs into the router. I'll look around for one of those. Thanks for your help.

Could you further describe your application and/or requirements?

My guess is that you need a 4-port router/WiFi access point, without an integrated ADSL modem? But I'm guessing.

I think every manufacturer (Linksys, D-Link, SMC, et. al.) make one of these? And they should be widely available in Thailand; I've seen them here in Bangkok at both Panthip and Fortune/IT Mall.

Linksys WRT54G

I do need an integrated adsl modem with the wireless router with 2 phone ports to use with vonage. I am currently using their softphone product, but the quality of the sound is not very good. Before my router broke, I had good quality voice with the linksys router.

I hadn't thought about trying a telephone adapter that plugs into the router. I'll look around for one of those. Thanks for your help.

What VoIP service do you have? What type of equipment did you "fry"? (I only say that as you probably fried just the brick rather than the CPE, in which case you might be able to source a 220v/50hz brick locally to work with your exisiting CPE?)

Vonage seems to package a Linksys PAP2 in the U.S. but I could not find one on-line in Thailand, after a brief search.

Linksys sells gear in many 220v/50hz countries so one should be able to get a compatible PAP2 and/or WRT54GP2 somewhere.

I spent a lot of time in both Fortune IT Mall and Panthip when I was looking for an integrated ADSL modem/4-port ethernet router/WiFi AP, but I did not really pay attention to VoIP capabilites (integrated, or stand-alone). I remember where all the shops were so next time I'll take a quick look, as I may be interested in a future purchase myself.

My neighbor uses Packet8 here in Bangkok but I do not know what he uses for CPE. I'll ask and post back.

The model available in TukCom Pattaya is a BILLION bipac 7100sv

http://www.billion.com/product/voip/bipac7100sv.htm

Price 5700 Baht, which seems a bit steep since it has no wireless integrated...

Importer for Thailand is Astra according to the sticker on the box, eventhough they don't seem to include it on their website...

http://www.astra.co.th/xdsl.html

Not sure if works with Vonage either...

Importer for Thailand is Astra according to the sticker on the box, eventhough they don't seem to include it on their website...

monty Good find, the Billion BiPAC 7402VGL would seem to meet rholofcener's requirements? Billion xDSL CPE seems to be a brand that is generally available here? I may take a run to Panthip tomorrow so will look for this device.

Great find. Thanks! Billion does make a wireless version of this router as well http://www.billion.com/product/voip/bipac7402vgl.htm. I'll check to see if Astra can get me one of these.

Would the following product answer your needs? Draytek Vigor 2600VG

If you have already purchased your wireless VoIP router, can you give us some feedback?

I haven't bought my router yet. I am not able to find a Billion router in Chiang Mai and the re-seller hasn't answered my e-mail. This draytek router looks like it would work fine, but can you get one in Chiang Mai? Thanks for your help