Minibar At Emporium

kurnell

I've been to this new deli at Emporium a few times and the food has always been good. In the first few months there was a nice, English speaking manager that was roaming around bringing in customers, taking orders etc. and the place seemed to be doing quite well. She has since left and I rarely see more than 2-3 people sitting down. I often sit at the Oriental cafe which looks out onto this deli and can see potential customers look at the menu and the miserable staff just stand there and look as unfriendly as they possibly can and the customers invariably walk off.

Today, Valentines Day, every cafe, restaurant etc was chocker full with the exception on Minibar.

If anyone knows the owner, I suggest that they come in and spend an hour watching how their lazy staff handle their clients.

I think this is the same place that offers a 2 for 1 alcohol drink special every evening from 5-8PM or so. It has never seemed crowded when I walked by. I don't relish the idea of drinking in the middle of a shopping mall at any price.

Maybe someone misread the market before they started their dream business.

Perhaps staff is disgruntled because they aren't seeing the business or tips they expected when they hired on? or maybe foresee the end of their jobs as a result of no business?

If the staff were less surly, they would attract more customers. I have seen customers walk in and look at the board menu and the staff do nothing. No attempt to lure them in with eye contact, assistance with the menu...nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

If the staff were less surly, they would attract more customers. I have seen customers walk in and look at the board menu and the staff do nothing. No attempt to lure them in with eye contact, assistance with the menu...nothing.

And that surprises you here in Thailand :blink:

The Thai business perspective I am most familiar with is "the customer is ALWAYS wrong" and if you come to OUR business We are doing YOU a favor, not the other way around :o