Aircraft Registration.

yermanee

I would be grateful, if someone could point me to a website where I could find out which aircraft is being used on which flight.

Like f.e. QR941 is aircraft A7-AE1.

This to find out which configuration the said aircraft has regarding seating, i.o. to be able to find the best seat at booking.

Some airlines have on their same type of aircraft different seating arrangements.

If I know the registration number I can find out the rest easily.

Thanks beforehand

Yermanee

OK thank you guys,

I found what I was looking for on airliners.net

Thanks again

Yermanee

You could also go to http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Qatar-Airways. Its a very detailed site, regularly updated with current and historical fleet details, aircraft ages, delivery dates, configurations, previous registration if any, who its leased from if not owned by the airline, and lots of pictures.

The home page has an index for just about any major airline anywhere.

Edited by Nuff Said

OK thank you guys,

Thanks again

Yermanee

You could also go to http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Qatar-Airways. Its a very detailed site, regularly updated with current and historical fleet details, aircraft ages, delivery dates, configurations, previous registration if any, who its leased from if not owned by the airline, and lots of pictures.

That planespotters site is superb... thank you for that find!!! :clap2:

OK thank you guys,

Thanks again

Yermanee

Thanks. Glad you like it. I check out the Qatar page regularly as I awlays fly with them.

OK thank you guys,

Thanks again

Yermanee

You could also go to http://www.planespot.../Qatar-Airways. Its a very detailed site, regularly updated with current and historical fleet details, aircraft ages, delivery dates, configurations, previous registration if any, who its leased from if not owned by the airline, and lots of pictures.

Thanks. Glad you like it. I check out the Qatar page regularly as I awlays fly with them.

That's the one I use to check the seating configuration. However you have to know which aircraft hence my topic question

What's also a very interesting site is flightradar24.com where if your lucky you can find a lot of information about flights with the flight number. For Qatar airways flights you have to use the QTR designation and not the QR.

Thanks anyway

Yermanee

Not even the airline itself will be certain regarding exactly which aircraft will be used on a particular rotation well in advance. Factors such as late running, switches due to traffic/operational requirements and also routine maintanence have to be taken into account.

So far as the Qatar widebody fleet is concerned, the 772's, 773's and 346's are all common configuration within the class. But there are umpteen different 332 and 333 configurations, as some also have first class in addition to business and economy. Even that's no guarantee that an aircraft of the exact configuration will be used, as I have flown in a three class Qatar 332 on a two class route.

Edited by Nuff Said