Uk V Thailand

Bagwan

Newcastle United captain Kevin Nolan has been disqualified from driving for 60 days after being caught speeding.

Nolan, 28, was clocked doing 65mph in a 30mph zone in his Range Rover in Longbenton, North Tyneside, last May, the court heard.

He was given a £1,000 fine, and made to pay £2,731 court costs and a £15 surcharge.

A tad m ore than 200 baht, eh? Living in Thailand does have its benefits. Maybe the cop was a Sunderland supporter. :lol:

<br />
<br />65mph in a 30mph?<br />i think he was lucky to avoid a ban<br />driving at almost motorway speed in a built up area where children are likely to be?<br />
<br /><br />He did get a ban "disqualified from driving for 60 days"<br />
<br /><br /><br /> yes you are correct, sorry....

I might just hand over a couple of hundred Baht the next time I'm pulled over in the UK and see what happens :)

:D

worth a try mate, you'll probably get done for attempted bribery of a police officer, unless he knows how much 200 baht actually is! Then you'll just get the usual 'car inspection' and done for about 15 different 'violations' Alcohol and drug tested, DNA swabbed, car impounded, detained under the mental health act, that sort of thing :)

Let us know how it goes :lol:

How about the system that operates in other countries such as Finland and Switzerland where you get fined according to your income ? Fancy a fine of £60-70,000 ? Its one of the reasons why I have a speed limiter fitted, just don't wanna pick up a 100K fine on my next ski trip. :rolleyes:

http://road.cc/content/news/13024-ferrari-driver-hit-huge-speeding-fine

PS. Why is this in the travel forum ?

Edited by roamer

I might just hand over a couple of hundred Baht the next time I'm pulled over in the UK and see what happens :)

They now have a new speeding deal, in the UK.

If your speed is not too much over the top,you can opt for taking a Speed Awareness Course,Instead of paying the £60 fine and also getting 3 penalty points, now you can pay £67 for the Course and the Penalty Points will be Rescinded.

Not quite so generous as Thailand,but better than nothing.

Edited by MAJIC