Which Companys Pig Feed ?

joeuk1

RBH,

I will disagree with your man, with the exception of the starter feed. Past that I am happy with the Betagro Balance product. But it is no available in all areas.

Joe,

How long is a piece of string. I dont know anyone who has tried them all, or anyone who has analysed the comparitive total cost to 100 kg LW. I have posted my costs in other threads if you care to look. The last update was about January. Fruity used to combine with ram, others formulate themselves. Part of the answer is in what are you trying to produce, breeding stock or market pigs.

IA

Disagree with me over what !?!! :D

All i said in my post is that " I AM NOT ANTI OR AGAINST ANY BRAND BUT MY WHOLESALER MENTIONED HE WOULDN'T WANT ANY PIGS THAT ARE FED USING BETAGRO'S"

Just for the OP to take notice and ask if his wholesaler have any preference in feed's brand. :P

Edited by RedBullHorn

I live just South of Udon Thani and cannot get Betagro so we use lamptong starter feed and add a little high protein mix with added calcium phosphate (white cement learn't off one of the experts on here as being calcium phospate). This gets the piglets their 22% protein they need as growers and gives them a good start and makes a big difference to their growing speed (through my own observations).

After the starter mix use we broken rice, white ram, calcium and lamptong high protein mix. Once they reach 50-60kilo we change to brown ram and have set weights of rice,ram and lamptong mix percentage throughout the growth process .

Issan Aussie posted a while back a pdf of an ideal weight to feed growth for Thailand which we have tried and used and it works, we also mix with water as it takes no time for the pigs to eat (maybe 15 mins)the whole trough.

We also give them only set feeding times so they fight for the food and the pigs all grow at the same rate. While rice is cheap we are bulk buying however we have used lamptong all through the process and it works well however beware of the finishing bags and 60-90kg feed as they have exactly the same amount of protein, fat etc in them just at a different price.

I am not saying you have to go down the route we have done but we cut the cost of pig feed in half rather than buying ready made pig feed all the way through growth and they have thrived on this method.

Good luck but lamptong feed is the cheapest in my area and through trial and error chose them (initially started on nutrena same growth time but a lot more expensive). I would like to use betagro and maybe add a little high protein mix to each feed to boost protein as it seem to be the cheapest on the market if I wasn't prepared to source my own rice.

I live just South of Udon Thani and cannot get Betagro so we use lamptong starter feed and add a little high protein mix with added calcium phosphate (white cement learn't off one of the experts on here as being calcium phospate). This gets the piglets their 22% protein they need as growers and gives them a good start and makes a big difference to their growing speed (through my own observations).

After the starter mix use we broken rice, white ram, calcium and lamptong high protein mix. Once they reach 50-60kilo we change to brown ram and have set weights of rice,ram and lamptong mix percentage throughout the growth process .

Issan Aussie posted a while back a pdf of an ideal weight to feed growth for Thailand which we have tried and used and it works, we also mix with water as it takes no time for the pigs to eat (maybe 15 mins)the whole trough.

We also give them only set feeding times so they fight for the food and the pigs all grow at the same rate. While rice is cheap we are bulk buying however we have used lamptong all through the process and it works well however beware of the finishing bags and 60-90kg feed as they have exactly the same amount of protein, fat etc in them just at a different price.

I am not saying you have to go down the route we have done but we cut the cost of pig feed in half rather than buying ready made pig feed all the way through growth and they have thrived on this method.

Good luck but lamptong feed is the cheapest in my area and through trial and error chose them (initially started on nutrena same growth time but a lot more expensive). I would like to use betagro and maybe add a little high protein mix to each feed to boost protein as it seem to be the cheapest on the market if I wasn't prepared to source my own rice.

Same protein level and different in price are due to the ingredient they use to obtain protein...for example fish meal and fowls feathers can produce the same protein level thus the grade in feed and its pricing...:)

Hi Scully

How much is the cost of the feed for your piglet compare with the starter feed from cp or batagro ?

Nitecm