Mailing Visa Documents

Hi,

Ive got some payslips and bank documents needed for a visa application that need delivering from the UK to Thailand (The location is in the sticks). These papers have to be delivered. Do any of you know of a reliable system to ensure that they get there safely and quickly. The reason for asking is that I have sent papers before and they have gone astray and I want to ensure that they get there this time.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

G.

Recorded delivery is best, worked for me in the past. Contrary to popular belief the postal service in Thailand is honest.

The problem I thought I might have was the fact of her living in the bush. I will give it a go though If you think Its worth a try. How long did it take to get there?

For us, usually 5 to 7 days; but that's to Bangkok. Further afield may take longer.

BTW, if you use the Post Office track and trace service, they can only tell you that it has been loaded onto an airplane; once it's left the UK they can no longer trace it.

5-7 days is pretty much what I get when sending things up north to Chiang Rai as well, maybe one extra day difference from the things I send to Bangkok, still all usually arrives within a week though. Oh and the Chiang Rai address is reasonably remote, about 60km from Chiang Rai city.

I reckon the recorded delivery is your best bet.

If you want guaranteed delivery, use a service like UPS. I do for all important documents that must get to their destination without fail.

I've sent thing Special Delivery within the UK that have gone missing and as 7by7 pointed out, you can only track the parcel to its point of departure from the UK. Once it hits Thailand, track and trace is worthless.

UPS/international courier providers will track all the way to destination. Yes it's a lot more expensive, but it's quick and guaranteed.

I make use of UPS so much that I have an account with them, highly recommended.

Recorded delivery is best, worked for me in the past. Contrary to popular belief the postal service in Thailand is honest.

The problem I thought I might have was the fact of her living in the bush. I will give it a go though If you think Its worth a try. How long did it take to get there?

Varies from 4-14 days, always arrived though.