Buying An Iphone 4 In Bangkok

airport5

The iphone 4 costs roughly 26000 baht which is about $850 U.S.? That will be unlocked and able to be used in any country in the world including Japan. When you visit a new country you have to buy one of their sim cards, lots of countries have pay as you go sim cards that are easy to buy and use. You would normally buy the iphone 4 unlocked from AIS, DTAC or TRUE phone companies, but last I checked they were out of stock and I bought mine for a little extra at MBK shopping mall.

There is no ATT in Thailand.... and pretty sure no where outside of the U.S.

If you buy an iphone 4 in the U.S its usually with a phone plan right? Which makes the phone cheaper but youre stuck in a contract? Here the phone is more expensive but no contract and you can use it with any simcard right away.

The iphone 4 costs roughly 26000 baht which is about $850 U.S.? That will be unlocked and able to be used in any country in the world including Japan. When you visit a new country you have to buy one of their sim cards, lots of countries have pay as you go sim cards that are easy to buy and use. You would normally buy the iphone 4 unlocked from AIS, DTAC or TRUE phone companies, but last I checked they were out of stock and I bought mine for a little extra at MBK shopping mall.

There is no ATT in Thailand.... and pretty sure no where outside of the U.S.

If you buy an iphone 4 in the U.S its usually with a phone plan right? Which makes the phone cheaper but youre stuck in a contract? Here the phone is more expensive but no contract and you can use it with any simcard right away.

thanks

how many gigs is the 26k one?

You can buy contract free from AT&T (the last I heard), but it will be locked to that network, so you'll have to hope there's a jailbreak/unlock available for whatever firmware comes with the phone. If you're having trouble figuring out what a sim card does I really wouldn't recommend this option.

Buy it here, factory unlocked, as LaughingMan has suggested.

I don't believe AT&T does this anymore and neither will Verizon though I'm not 100% sure. The old unlocked price in the U.S. was virtually identical to Thailand's price anyway so if you want the iPhone 4, I'd buy it in Thailand as others suggested. Or just ask around and see if a friend has an old 3G or something.

Also, I just unlocked an iPhone from America with the latest OS updates using http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Follow the directions and even a beginner can do it though a techie friend would certainly help.

You can buy contract free from AT&T (the last I heard), but it will be locked to that network, so you'll have to hope there's a jailbreak/unlock available for whatever firmware comes with the phone. If you're having trouble figuring out what a sim card does I really wouldn't recommend this option.

I don't believe AT&T does this anymore and neither will Verizon though I'm not 100% sure. The old unlocked price in the U.S. was virtually identical to Thailand's price anyway so if you want the iPhone 4, I'd buy it in Thailand as others suggested. Or just ask around and see if a friend has an old 3G or something.

Also, I just unlocked an iPhone from America with the latest OS updates using http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Follow the directions and even a beginner can do it though a techie friend would certainly help.

I had a locked phone from america for 4 years and I vehemently encourage anyone to buy an unlocked phone rather than have to unlock every time you want to update the software, MAJOR headache as you often have to wait months before updating or you lock your phone and its unusable. Forget that noise.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who prefer white ..... White color iPhone 4's are apparently being churned out of the factories in China for April shipping. Who knows when they will be available in Bangkok!

Also someone posted a pic on the web of a white iPhone 4 with 64mb of memory. It is however believed that this is a prototype and not yet being mass produced. Probably we can expect more memory in iPhone 5 along with the dual core processor A5.