Quality Office Chair

kerr17

Spending many hours seat in front of a screen I decide to throw away my old cheap chair and buy a proper one.

I used to have an Henry Miller Aereon one (excellent chair) back in Europe but it seems to be far too expensive in here (50k more) while at a fair at the Impact Arena I've come through this new Hara chair and it seems to have a very good lumbar support and a reasonable price (19k).

http://www.harachair.in.th/products_detail.asp?productID=125

Does anyone have any recommendation for a different one or have ever try this Hara before?

Any suggestions are welcome

i have a very decent black office chair with arm rests and the back of the chair goes all the way up to your head. i bought from index. i plan to sell next month before i leave Thailand, if anyone is interested pm me for a photo. you can have it for a 1k baht. i think i paid 6k at the minimum.

I know it's subjective but LOL that chair manages to combine every single facet I hate about office chairs common in Thailand: it has a borg ship / darth vader look to it, it has a shiny steel bling to it, it is made from gobs of cheap plastic, it only comes in ugly black, and costs a huge amount of money.

There is a Scandinavian company with a factory in Bang Na that makes furniture mainly for export. I haven't seen these at any of the nice shopping centers. They used to have a showroom near Emporium but seems to have moved or is gone now. They have full leather office chairs appointed with wood. And this is real leather and wood, not fake plastics. The style, leather color and wood type are selected by the customer and is built to their specifications. The price compared favorably with the other cast of borg ships and bling cruisers found elsewhere. And having owned one for several years I can appreciate it is on a totally different quality level. Ergonomically it is built right and adjustable in many ways, though the one limitation is the arms don't adjust vertically and horizontally. Overall feels like being in a soft recliner and is comfortable all day long. The seat and arm padding have remained as good as the day it was bought.

Edited by canopy

A few years back I was working on an EGAT project and we attended a weekly meeting with them in their main conference rooms

The chairs which they had in the conference room were the swivel type, well made, sturdy and comfortable.

However of my colleagues, a rather large chap proceed to break a chair on five consecutive meetings.

After the third occasion I suggested that they supplied a more robust non-swivel visitor type chair, but the EGAT guys were adamant that these Thai manufactured chairs were up to the task.

Nevertheless they did after the fifth incident provide a visitors chair.

i have a very decent black office chair with arm rests and the back of the chair goes all the way up to your head. i bought from index. i plan to sell next month before i leave Thailand, if anyone is interested pm me for a photo. you can have it for a 1k baht. i think i paid 6k at the minimum.

Hi, I have PM'd you about your chair, look forward to picture and reply. Thanks

mario299 :rolleyes: