Non O Visa

when does a one year non O visa end ? is it from the date it was issued or the date of the first arrival stamp in the passport? mine was issued on the 18 aug 2010 ,I came here 15 sep 2010. so what date does it finish? and if I go out and come back before that date I get an extra 90 days ,is that correct ?

thanks o wise visa gurus.

If you are talking about a multi entry non immigrant O visa which permits a stay of 90 days on any entry it expires on the date indicated on the visa (one year from date of issue). Any entry made before that date gets a 90 day permitted to stay stamp. Visa does not have to be valid for you to stay once in the country.

Your visa is valid for 1 year, during that year you can travel to Thailand an unlimited number of times. Each time you enter you get a permission to stay for 90 days. Indeed, when you leave and re-enter just before the visa expires you will get another 90 days.

Just to be clear: it does not allow you to stay for 1 year, only for 90 days at a time. But you can leave and re-enter on the same day as long as the visa is valid.

thanks again ,yes I have already been out once and leave again soon as my second 90 days are up. just was not sure wether it expired on the date of issue or the date of first entry . So I understand now its from the date of issue and as long as I leave and return before that date i get 15 months .thanks again .