Land Prices In Chiang Ra

scorpio1945

Go to the closet Ampur land department and they should be able to show you a zone map of their part of the country side. Rule of thumb, at least double the price what the land department put on the price per rai that they will buy for.

Go to the closet Ampur land department and they should be able to show you a zone map of their part of the country side. Rule of thumb, at least double the price what the land department put on the price per rai that they will buy for.

Sounds like a good idea :jap: Thanks!

Untill one year ago the price of the land department was also the price paid here in Wiengchai. Now a few "developers" are chaging for land and then of course the prices go up like h*ll

She tried, but no luck. Wanted chanote(sp?) copy, house book and other paperwork before they will allow.:(

We work with a lady who is basically a middle-person on land and house deals. She gets commission from sellers. She knows a lot of places for sale out there. Spends her days hunting down sellers and buyers. Let me know if you need her contact info. She used to work as a nurse where your little lady worked. Maybe they know each other.

Have your wife call my wife if you are interested.

She tried, but no luck. Wanted chanote(sp?) copy, house book and other paperwork before they will allow.:(

Does seem odd.. We just showed a couple of years back the land department and asked. Thye wouldn't give us a copy but did show us the varying zone prices for farm and house land.

• 2 weeks later...

We bought a plot of land here, owned by my wife's brother before, for about $5000 10 years ago. Rice patty and spent about $2000 to bring in dirt to make the land more high than the main road next to it and planned to make our house there. Instead, we made the new home where all her family was born, live now, street. About 5 minute walk from that land, Thai government bought maybe 3 times as large land, same street and putting up goverment buildings now. They paid 30,000,000 baht for that land. Let's say-pot luck, location, and being in a growing area helps the prices of land here. Have not asked the value of that land, but was offered $30,000 for it 5 years ago. Wife wants to keep it in the family for now. My opinion, as the dollar slides down, baht goes up, rich Thai's are going to get richer and land will be more expensive to buy.

We bought a plot of land in Feb 2010, behind Big C. 145 T/W cost 950,000 baht but checking on a few prices this year, land has gone up quite a bit. But as it is the world over location-location-location.

Nahm tooam

Before, yes, but think ok now??

Anywhere from 200,000 baht per rai to 1,000,000 per rai. Land prices here are rising very fast.

Generally, East of the City is cheaper but you need to be 20Km out before you get really cheap prices of around 120K to 150K/Rai with a chanot.

• 3 weeks later...

you have to consider a few factors-

chanote or no-chanote?

distance to town?

flood-poof?

views?

neighbors? (this one is tricky as many thai prefer to be close to other people while some farang prefer privacy)

water and electricity available?

so, these variables can create a wide range of prices for land.

having looked at many plots it seems that pieces with chanote, less than 10 k from city center, not in a low flat rice-field, and with a bit of space around can go for anywhere from 350,000 up to 2 million.

2 million is rare. and that land is close to town, on a hill with magnificent views, water and elec, full chanote, and clean neighborhood ( no ramshackle buildings in site).

perhaps a better average is 600k to 1,000,000 for chanote land fairly close to town.

just my gatherings, and i welcome any other opinions...

200TW I think is about 1/2 Rai, this plot of land is next to my house, it is walled all around and is gated, clean and clear, no floods, full chanote. The average price per TW in my village is 5000 bht . The price of this land is 1.2m bht , I asked the price today and the owner said its because she walled and gated the land and wants a small profit . Personally its a great piece of land, a very good village, quiet, not far from town, about 7km I think depending on which way you

drive . Water and Electricity available and easy and cheap to install. Having a plot like this is not easy to find and having a 1/2 rai is ample unless you want to breed buffalo's . Plenty of space to build a nice house , a good driveway and a nice sized garden. My own plot is only 100TW and that is enough for me to have all of what I mentioned above .

If anyone is interested , PM me . I will help if I can , FREE of Course.

200TW I think is about 1/2 Rai, this plot of land is next to my house, it is walled all around and is gated, clean and clear, no floods, full chanote. The average price per TW in my village is 5000 bht . The price of this land is 1.2m bht , I asked the price today and the owner said its because she walled and gated the land and wants a small profit . Personally its a great piece of land, a very good village, quiet, not far from town, about 7km I think depending on which way you

drive . Water and Electricity available and easy and cheap to install. Having a plot like this is not easy to find and having a 1/2 rai is ample unless you want to breed buffalo's . Plenty of space to build a nice house , a good driveway and a nice sized garden. My own plot is only 100TW and that is enough for me to have all of what I mentioned above .

Think seriously about the Neighbour(s) Guys :whistling:

AND ?

So its over 2mill a rai close to town thesedays. :whistling: I heard that too but just thought it was wishful thinking.

Anyway, Its official I saw it yesterday, CR is BOOMing ......

I saw more building projects yesterday than I can ever remember.

Three months back we bought land in Ban Huay Xai (take a right opposite Santaburi turn off on 1020 and head into the hills 8km) I've been in that area living for five years now in the family residence and we wanred to build our own place. The prices of land fluctuated unbelievably in the radius of a few km but we bought a plot up on a hill looking at mountains and rubber and we got the full 7 rai for 250,000. Guess we just dropped lucky.

Three months back we bought land in Ban Huay Xai (take a right opposite Santaburi turn off on 1020 and head into the hills 8km) I've been in that area living for five years now in the family residence and we wanred to build our own place. The prices of land fluctuated unbelievably in the radius of a few km but we bought a plot up on a hill looking at mountains and rubber and we got the full 7 rai for 250,000. Guess we just dropped lucky.

Maybe not. You are quite far out from town with tons of open space , lots of land in that area for sale . The majority of land is farming land and may not ever be anything other than farm land. There are rules as to what can and cannot be done on some land. Its always best to check with the Land Office to find out what the uses can be , eg, can you build a house on the land etc.

Land in town or not will command a high price if it has the FULL Chanote and obviously the closer to town the more money it will cost generally .

Any land or property is always an investment.

Some land I know of is only 20,000 bht per Rai but no papers and possibly never will have.

I would think the price you paid is about right considering where it is but it will go up in price in time. I would go to the land office and find out everything you can , take your papers if you have any with you , there are fakes about also . Good luck.

My own plot is only 100TW and that is enough for me to have all of what I mentioned above .

Wait a minute!

Aren't you the same "expert" who was insulting people "stupid enough" to buy land and build a house?

Now you are an "expert" on land values? B)

My own plot is only 100TW and that is enough for me to have all of what I mentioned above .

Wait a minute!

Aren't you the same "expert" who was insulting people "stupid enough" to buy land and build a house?

Now you are an "expert" on land values? B)

Only those who dont do their homework first and end up buying land with no papers and possibly never will have are stupid. There are many plots all over the place with papers and reasonable prices . Buying land and building is ok for those who have money available and wont miss losing it all if things go pear shaped.

I would still advise people that is better to rent as I am doing . If you buy for 1m Bht , how many months rent is that at 3,000 per month ? Roughly 27 years worth . Maybe better to keep the money in the bank. As for being an Expert , thats your opinion , not mine but thanks anyway . It doesnt take Sherlock Holmes to find out what land is worth !!

If you are offended by my comments and advise , dont take and dont read, simple as that .

Sorry about this but the land owner has upped the price to Bt 750,000 per rai. The parcel is 5 rai and cannot be subdivided.

9 kms down the Denha-Dongmada Road. Located 30 meters off this road - my neighbor is selling 5 rai at 600 k/rai. Full Chanode. Electricity available. No need to fill up land. PM me if intersted.

Sorry about this but the land owner has upped the price to Bt 750,000 per rai. The parcel is 5 rai and cannot be subdivided.

9 kms down the Denha-Dongmada Road. Located 30 meters off this road - my neighbor is selling 5 rai at 600 k/rai. Full Chanode. Electricity available. No need to fill up land. PM me if intersted.

The owner possibly double checked with friends what the going rate is and realised he was under charging . Is there anything on the land, a house or anything ? or is it rice field ?

Have seen this property. Land beside it is rice field. Land for sale is already filled up. Nothing on the property - just bare land. Flowing creek (Lam Muang) flows along one side of property. Immediately next to said property is a nice hi-so house.

The owner possibly double checked with friends what the going rate is and realised he was under charging . Is there anything on the land, a house or anything ? or is it rice field ?