Do You Ever Post

ThaiPauly

Only Monday through Friday.

Get that Pommie woman to recite the news, she inspires some confidence.

Who's that?

You can tell us. There was a news announcer last night with a glass cutting British accent.

Whatever she said felt better than you saying "Good Day".

Get her in. Copy BBC.

Who's that?

You can tell us. There was a news announcer last night with a glass cutting British accent.

Get her in. Copy BBC.

That's the international feed. I do local Thailand news.

Who's that?

Get her in. Copy BBC.

That's the international feed. I do local Thailand news.

Get more of it, less of you. Just until you and your crew get a grasp on what you are supposed to report on. As it is now, you have no idea, my opinion. Pure drivel. Sorry.

Yes I do regret some post

But I think it is due to spending to long out in the desert ( on my 6 week at the moment) as my temper gets shorter and my sense of humor gets weirder due to having little contact with English speaking people and going slightly around the twist.

And my writing skills are not very good so something I find funny at first doesn,t seem funny once I put it into righting

O well it keeps me occupied

Maybe George could add an Emergency Delete Post button.....  :D

I need that !

Jeff, I think we can make do with the 'edit' button for the time being :D

gintOnic :o

For me ( my computer anyway ) the edit function does not appear after someone posts after me . Why ? !

The edit button is only "live" for a short period of time after the post has been made.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=26712&hl=edit

totster :D

After reading Chownah's post , I guess that makes sense . However , if im in a hurry and spell something incorrectly I would like to change that but its fine the way it is .

thai skilled people

Oxymoron. Thanks for the laugh, mut! :o

Why is that?

The voice on the radio is still parroting the old news, 3 days + old. I thought I was advanced, but after 3 days everybody knows what BEEENkok radio may say.

Thais can do that with some sense for the locations, society and implications.

Just heard that voice still talking about police chasing girls at (to the voice unknown location) that is simply lumphini park and withay (wireless) road?

OK now. Could Thais be that bad?

there are many times that i would have liked to have been able to re-phrase or re-write something.

how come the edit function only lasts for 10 minutes or so ?

cant it be left on for longer , say a month!

30 minutes :o

Naah, 3-4 days, maybe a week. Judging on how old are the news your radio broadcasts.

I have been guilty of this a few times, not so much lately but when I was quite new to the forum.

It normally happens when I am in a bad mood (nothing to do with the post I am responding to) but more often than not when I have had one to many Chang's.

My fingers engage the keyboard before my brain is anywhere near it and its normally a tirade with spelling mistakes all over the place.

Then as soon as you hit "Post Reply" I think 'Oh my God -what have I just said?

Then I normally skulk off to bed knowing that I will have to face the consequences of my actions the next morning.

Anybody else ever been guilty of this alcohol inflicted sin?

No i'd never do that. Chang fuelled post. No more like Leo fuelled posts. I have woke up the next day and thought. What the ###### did i write? Oh. Well. I still stand by my points though sometimes it would not have been so harsh,rude etc :o

Thaipauly I'm sure we all can relate. Mine is not so much what I have said but more my sppellling... Being a blue collor working and spending much time surfing instead of school my spelling suffers. So many times I post then come back later to see responces and look at my spelling and it is to late to change, time as run out for corrections. I make up for my spelling though by having a big heart and being a good friend.:o))

Thaipauly I'm sure we all can relate. Mine is not so much what I have said but more my sppellling... Being a blue collor working and spending much time surfing instead of school my spelling suffers. So many times I post then come back later to see responces and look at my spelling and it is to late to change, time as run out for corrections. I make up for my spelling though by having a big heart and being a good friend.:o))

Nice Post Middlepath :D

Just the other day Ol' Widow Somjai my somtam seller, said to me.

"You know Khun Gazza, if I was computer literate and able to afford even a half-decent pc, I would subscribe to a forum the likes of ThaiVisa.com but only if they had a 24/7 edit button."

Her words not mine. Jing Jing. :D

And as I left her roadside stall I could hear her muttering under her breath.

"Oh Haw, they can put a man on the moon but ThaiVisa can't................"

The rest was unintelligible due to the noise of the traffic.

:o

nope. And I've been suspended here too. Don't regret it. Turned out the mod who suspended me was a sick and had to go away himself.

Shows that there is a learning curve for everyone.

Though I don't post here very often due to a perceived intolerance.

Maybe i'm wrong but this seems to be one of the more intolerant forums.

Then again I've had a couple of johnny walkers already and perhaps precludes me from any participation! :D:o