Need Onward Ticket For Tourist Visa, Kl Embassy?

Hey one other thing that people forget a lot from what I've seen, including myself, is to bring two recent passport photos for the application as well as a photocopy of your passport - the page with your pic on it.

It would really be a pain to forget that stuff and have to queue up all over again.

Hey one other thing that people forget a lot from what I've seen, including myself, is to bring two recent passport photos for the application as well as a photocopy of your passport - the page with your pic on it.

It would really be a pain to forget that stuff and have to queue up all over again.

I brought the two recent passport photographs with me and my passport, thats all. At no stage was I asked for a photocopy of my passport.

@Jackers - oh yeah? I could have sworn they needed one, but I was sleep-deprived when I took the application in. I didn't have a photocopy in Penang and I ended up having to pay for a guy to do it out the back of his car. Quite a niche he had for himself.

@Jackers - oh yeah? I could have sworn they needed one, but I was sleep-deprived when I took the application in. I didn't have a photocopy in Penang and I ended up having to pay for a guy to do it out the back of his car. Quite a niche he had for himself.

I got my visa in KL so perhaps things work differently there, where did you hear that a photocopy would be required?

You could always come back via land if you thought they'd be fussy at the airport - or called ahead and checked and found that to be the case.

@Jackers - I know for a fact they needed the photocopy at Penang. I guess they don't need/ask for it at KL. The guy probably just threw mine in the bin if I gave it to him, which I'm pretty sure I did.

I keep copies with my passport anyway, just in case. Only 1 baht a copy in Phuket Town, so why not.

Airlines flying into Thialand can and do refuse at their discretion for you to board if you do not have a roundtrip or an onward ticket for visa on arrival. I have been required on one occassion to get a onward ticket before I could check in. Think it would be sufficiant if you already have a tourist visa, but airlines can sometimes muddle the waters if they want to. many airline agents do know the visa rules for Thailand and enforce the procedure so they will not be stuck flying you back home if you are denied entry in Thailand. Also so they can sell more tickets (best to buy refundable tickets if required at an air tiket counter).

Thai Embassies and Consulates can ask your for an onward ticket. Whether they do in each case is at their discretion, just as with the Airlines.

Always be prepared to apply early for your visa and to get an onward ticket if required for either the Embassy or Airline.

Edited by TacoBoy