Pattaya Has No Sister Cities! (Says Wiki)

Jingthing

It's not surprising really is it. Maybe San Fransisco or Los Vegas wouldn't worry too much about being tarred with the same brush and Amsderdam and Hamberg aren't too far behind and there are parts of Paris where the Traveste' can be found plying their trade. But at least it's pretty open here and not hidden away in some festering corner.

I nominate Manti, Utah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manti,_Utah

The city is also the headquarters of a polygamist ...

Someone needs to contact Manti Mayor Natasha Madsen with the proposal! Natasha, I like the Russian connection too, it's a win/win.

Just think the next time Mayor Natasha googles her name, she'll read all about it. How about it, Natasha?

post-37101-0-80109800-1298390178_thumb.jpost-37101-0-00816900-1298390368_thumb.jpost-37101-0-80109800-1298390178_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

Since the Pattaya Mayor obviously doesn't care about such things, I say we just say Manti Utah IS Pattaya's sister city and leave it at that. If either mayor wants to take action to annul this blissful marriage, so be it, but I doubt that will either bother, so consider it done!

:wub: :wub:

Pattaya, Chonburi Province, Thailand

Manti, Sanpete County, Utah, USA

Sister Cities Forever

Can someone please add this important news to WIKI? :whistling:

Google already knows, try

Manti Utah sister city

Edited by Jingthing

To be serious, what is the benefit? If there should be a sister city it should be one in Cambodia, Vietnam or Laos inorder to improve the level of understanding in one region. It would no sense to have a sister city in Europe or Americas imho.

To be serious, what is the benefit? If there should be a sister city it should be one in Cambodia, Vietnam or Laos inorder to improve the level of understanding in one region. It would no sense to have a sister city in Europe or Americas imho.

It is quite common for cities to have sister cities all over the world.

For one example here are Melbourne Australia's sisters --

* Japan Osaka, Japan, 1978

* People's Republic of China Tianjin, China, 1980

* Greece Thessaloniki, Greece, 1984

* United States Boston, United States, 1985

* Russia Saint Petersburg, Russia, 1989

* Italy Milan, Italy, 2004

Or even more extravagantly Lima Peru

* Peru Arequipa, Peru

* Peru Cusco, Peru

* Peru Piura, Peru

* United States New York City, United States

* United States Los Angeles, United States

* United States Austin, United States, since 1981

* United States Cleveland, United States

* United States Miami, United States

* United States Stamford, United States

* France Bordeaux, France. since 1957

* People's Republic of China Beijing, China, since November 1983[91]

* Philippines Manila, Philippines[92]

* Spain Madrid, Spain[93]

* Mexico Mexico City, Mexico

* Brazil São Paulo, Brazil[94][95]

* Honduras Tegucigalpa, Honduras

* Turkey Akhisar, Turk

* Turkey Karaçoban, Turkey

* Argentina Buenos Aires, Argentina

* Mexico Guadalajara, Mexico

* Canada Montreal, Canada[citation needed]

* Colombia Bogotá, Colombia

* Egypt Cairo, Egypt

* United Kingdom Cardiff, United Kingdom

* Italy Pescara, Italy

* Ukraine Kyiv, Ukraine

I really think the Pattaya Thailand -- Manti Utah connection was meant to be!

Here is an anagram for Manti Utah

thai-manut

Edited by Jingthing

Vung Tau and Sihannoukville have a lot in common with Pattaya. ;)

I nominate Pattaya to be twinned with a dustbin as both are designed to carry the same.

OK, then, we better add NEWARK NEW JERSEY to the nominees.

BTW, literal similarity is by no means a requirement for sister city pairings. What does Austin Texas have to do with Lima Peru?

Edited by Jingthing

Sure beats Vatican City.:lol:

I wouldn't rule out Vatican City...Pattaya has no prostitution just like VC has no sex abuse. When "discovered" both go through the motions of "clamping down" and we know in both cities, the efforts have been somewhat mixed, to put it mildly . I imagine quite a few padres have already visited Pattaya to partake in Pattaya's "attractions". Once declared sister cities, VC can also send their trainees to Pattaya to see if they can resist temptations of the flesh, just as Jesus was tempted by Satan. And Pattaya can send some of its citizens to VC to see if self flagellation routines can be incorporated into some of the stage shows here. I can only see mutual benefits in such an arrangement.:D

Edited by doggie888888

• 1 year later...

Update:

Now Pattaya has a sister-city: Qingdao

Pattaya, Qingdao ink sister-city agreement

Pattaya officials have formalized their ties to the Chinese city of Qingdao, signing a cooperative agreement in advance of next year’s World Plant Expo.

Mayor Itthiphol Kunplome signed the sister-city agreement with Qingdao Deputy Mayor Liu Mingjun and Thai-Chinese Culture and Economy Association President Pinij Jarusombut Jan. 22.

Under discussion since October, the agreement calls for joint promotion and cooperation in finance, science, technology, cultural studies and tourism. It also lays the groundwork for Pattaya’s participation in the World Plant Expo.

The two cities are collaborating on a new Pattaya-Qingdao Coordination Center in the city’s Rubber Valley. Pattaya’s Nong Nooch Tropical Garden will invest more than 30 million baht to create a garden for its entry at the 2014 event.

City officials expect the plant show to boost Pattaya tourism from China, as more than 15 million people are expected to attend the expo that runs from April through October.

Pinij said Pattaya and Qingdao are similar in economy and tourism. The agreement allows for the establishment of consulates, he added.

During their visit, the Chinese officials visited Nong Nooch and saw a model of the planned center during a presentation from garden Director Kampol Tansajja.

Before the only sister-city of Pattaya was Shymkent (Kazakhstan)

• Like 1