Edible Bugs

CraigSchuler

Hello,

Does anybody here know of any farms that raise edible insects/bugs? I know street vendors are about but I am looking for a company that provides a clean and safe product. I am searching for ants, grasshoppers, scorpions, bamboo worms, beetles and lg crickets. I need a company that can also ship to the States. I've searched the inter net and have had no luck, any help would be greatly appreciated.

CS,

People in my village farm some type of bugs which they sell to the locals. All of the species you noted are naturally available and I am sure that none would present a problem, mate I will gladly let you have the scorpions from my place for gratus if you want to come get them.

What sort of volumes, weights are you looking for, packaging etc..? Happy to check interest levels if you can be more specific.

Isaan Aussie

CS,

People in my village farm some type of bugs which they sell to the locals. All of the species you noted are naturally available and I am sure that none would present a problem, mate I will gladly let you have the scorpions from my place for gratus if you want to come get them.

What sort of volumes, weights are you looking for, packaging etc..? Happy to check interest levels if you can be more specific.

Isaan Aussie

Thank you for the reply, I would probably start with about 5 lbs of each item, we own a restaurant and our chef is wanting to try and market a few bizarre dishes (we cater to a college town). Bulk packaging is fine, I appreciate the help!

Well if your in the states head to the nearest Asian grocery store and look for the canned grasshoppers/crickets.. The company name will be on there

and more then likely the address/etc.. A few of the stores in Sacramento carry canned insects and have all that info on them......or if you have contact in Thailand

do the same thing and have someone give you the name off the can of one of the canned products....