Carrying Fishing Rods On The Scooter

dickyknee

yeah, I've already got one of those "pretty girl" rod holders, but the girls tend to get in the way when it comes to everything else "fishing".

i have been considering the PVC thing, i use a piece of PVC to send the rod through checked luggage. i'm not big on re-inventing wheels, so was curious to know if anyone else has come up with, and implemented solutions to the same problem. i've seen commercially available mounts to put surfboards on scooters, i was wondering if similar things may be available for fishing rods.

cheers.

Why not bolt a fishing rod holder to the bike?

Position them on the bike so the rod is horizontal on the side of the bike

rod-reel-holder.jpg

Or, it wouldn't be too professional but you could just bolt computer cable velcro straps to the front and rear sides of the scooter, then just velcro the rod in.

Wouldn't even have to take the reel off.

A strap like these on the front side fairing and another on the side of the seat..

http://www.alibaba.c...able_strap.html

Just make sure you use a big backing plate/washer so the strap doesn't tear off the bike with your rod.

Edited by ttakata

all good ideas...

except leaving the rod behind for the lady. they are never any good at catching fish, except when they are, then you'll never hear the end of it.

Before when i did not own a car i drove around with my bike and rod a lot. Just put it in one of those shoulder bags. I must say if i went faster then 80-90 it started to move around. I did try to make a rod holder but it failed. I am sure one can be made if you have a some technical knowledge and a gf who can instruct thais to do it. It might be expensive though. But just keeping your speed under 80 would do it too.

Now i just bring too much stuff when i go fishing. I think soon i have to replace my car for a truck.

Best solution with locally available supples I found; 2 rounds of blue PVC of a diameter to fit a rod holder or several rods, large metal hose clamps to secure them to an appropriate location on the bike, mounted in such a way to not interfere with riding in anyway. Plus add an brass end cap to the PVC of the right sized diameter, and you have a great water bottle holder.

With a fly rod I find the easiest way is to just strap a 4 piece rod to the mirrors, great when carrying gear farther.

Photo credit to Mr Forbes

DSC_0079.JPG