Suthep Concerned About Red-Shirt Rally In March

webfact

Suthep Concerned about Red-shirt Rally in March

The deputy prime minister overseeing internal security has voiced concern over the next protest planned by the pro-Thaksin movement in March.

Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban said that there has been movements by red-shirt Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship members in the provinces as key members prepare to organize a mass rally in Bangkok on March 12.

Suthep said demonstrations will only cause unrest to the Kingdom, and that he wishes for the country to return to normalcy.

The deputy prime minister also urged the red-shirt leaders to think twice before staging a rally to denounce the country's justice system.

Suthep stressed that Thai courts ensure justice for all, including the red-shirt group.

Meanwhile, key red-shirt member Kwanchai Praipana disclosed that the seven red-shirt leaders who were recently released on bail plan to compete in the next party-list MP election.

However, the party's executives will consider whether or not to approve the proposal at a later time.

Kwanchai claims that the seven leaders have been living in poor conditions in jail and have been bullied by prison authorities who favor the yellow-shirt People's Alliance for Democracy, the archrival of the red-shirt movement.

Concerning the upcoming mass rally, Kwanchai vowed to appear on stage at the Democracy Monument, as the court does not prohibit him from criticizing the Abhisit-led administration.

In a separate matter, he said on February 27, he and other red-shirt leaders will attend a merit-making rite at Wat Pathumwanaram, where six red-shirt protesters were killed during the break up of the prolonged rally on May 19 of last year.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-02-25

footer_n.gif

People arrested on terrorists charges, even if out on bail, cannot run as MP's from my understanding - can anyone clarify? Since when can a suspected terrorist run for parliament unless of course we have dropped to the levels of Jordan, Palestine, Libya and all the others. Is this report more grand-standing by Suthep, the Nation or whom?

People arrested on terrorists charges, even if out on bail, cannot run as MP's from my understanding - can anyone clarify? Since when can a suspected terrorist run for parliament unless of course we have dropped to the levels of Jordan, Palestine, Libya and all the others. Is this report more grand-standing by Suthep, the Nation or whom?

Don`t these people understand that most of the citizens of Thailand are sick to death with Red Shirts, and I am certain the leaders will find out when the election is over... Thailand is a booming economy thanks to the Thai people themselves and the present government which is working under Very strained and even more constrained conditions... Foreign investment would soon dry up if this government were to change... Rock on Abhisit, nothing like a Geordie in power.... but can they please subsidise the price of beer....

DAAD : Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship.........(.but actually lead by a dictator in spe )

PAD : Peoples Alliance for Democracy................. ( but love to dictate ,as in dictator, what the current government has to do )

Both fight for the same purpose , democracy if nobody had noticed that yet , but hate each other.

Favorite protest site of both is the democracy monument.

DO ANY OF THESE PEOPLE IN FACT KNOW WHAT IS THE MEANING OF DEMOCRACY?

DAAD : Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship.........(.but actually lead by a dictator in spe )

PAD : Peoples Alliance for Democracy................. ( but love to dictate ,as in dictator, what the current government has to do )

Both fight for the same purpose , democracy if nobody had noticed that yet , but hate each other.

No.

They are both fighting for their version of democracy, which entails not respecting a vote that goes against what they want. They are both the antipathy of democracy.

Considering that the monument was first commissioned by a military head of the government in 1939, and a current or retired military has been in power probably as many times as a civilian, I would suggest that it is somewhat misnamed.

Edited by Thai at Heart

What is the government game, the impose security act, release the terrorist, then become concern. I think this government is really unable to run the country. Can we have someone who has some backbone and able to run these country in a normal way, ( and I don’t mean Thaksin :angry: )

Don`t these people understand that most of the citizens of Thailand are sick to death with Red Shirts, and I am certain the leaders will find out when the election is over... Thailand is a booming economy thanks to the Thai people themselves and the present government which is working under Very strained and even more constrained conditions... Foreign investment would soon dry up if this government were to change... Rock on Abhisit, nothing like a Geordie in power.... but can they please subsidise the price of beer....

What survey did you commission "Most people are sick of .." According to a good friend of mine, who was at the meeting this week, along with over 400 others, they are not sick of it and are more dtermined than ever. They may not be attending in Bangkok, mocked by fools here, but they are attending meetings in large numbers in their own villages. The movement for social equality is alive so get used to it.. It is not going away...ever.

They are not talking about violence, they where talking about lack of investment in their region. Fools ignore and taint it with burning malls and a fugitive on the run but do so at your own peril.

What survey did you commission "Most people are sick of .." According to a good friend of mine, who was at the meeting this week, along with over 400 others, they are not sick of it and are more dtermined than ever. They may not be attending in Bangkok, mocked by fools here, but they are attending meetings in large numbers in their own villages. The movement for social equality is alive so get used to it.. It is not going away...ever.

They are not talking about violence, they where talking about lack of investment in their region. Fools ignore and taint it with burning malls and a fugitive on the run but do so at your own peril.

People are sick of it. The UDD didn't start to hold most of their mass rallies at Democracy Monument out of the goodness of their hearts, they realised that by closing down Rajaprasong for 2 days a month it was seriously damaging their image.

Red or yellow shirts, you can tell people are fed up with it all when you hear them increasingly refer to the reds or yellows as just simply 'shirts' now. (And this post was not based on a conversation 'with a friend of mine')

Planning revolutions in village halls, how romantic.

They are both fighting for their version of democracy, which entails not respecting a vote that goes against what they want. They are both the antipathy of democracy.

Considering that the monument was first commissioned by a military head of the government in 1939, and a current or retired military has been in power probably as many times as a civilian, I would suggest that it is somewhat misnamed.

It's an icon to the possibility, not a tribute to the successful installation.

So these fascistic pro democracy groups use the icon to attempt to legitimized their less than democratic aims and methods.

What is the government game, the impose security act, release the terrorist, then become concern. I think this government is really unable to run the country. Can we have someone who has some backbone and able to run these country in a normal way, ( and I don't mean Thaksin :angry: )

They manage in a less than typically Thai way of doing it.

ie more forthright and functional.

But daily the MUST work with those who are

much, much less modernized in attitude and mindset.

That in of itself is an improvement. Of course they must deal with most in government, ministries, and populace acting with the typical neo-kow-tow, deferential, don't make waves mentality that is at the root of Thai inability to manage the country to it's best benefit. What many of us love about the place, as somewhere to live, and something to enjoy in the people, is also what makes it so hard to make Thailand function as a national entity.

Change of this global mindset, would be of such sweeping magnitude, it will take multiple generations to overcome. Certainly not via 'a revolution', which would only install newer versions of the same old mind set. And likely SLOW change as that clique would want to cement it's gains in the old way.

Edited by animatic

A rebuttal based on fractional and anecdotal info,

not worth more bytes than the question it rebuts.

Of course if you go to a red supporter 'meeting' then you will find many 'friends' who are not tired of them.

If you travel around the country and personally meet many people, and the preponderance of them say they are sick of the Reds and sick of the yellows too, this is also anecdotal, but likely by far more balanced a representation than going to a red 'meeting'.

Targeted market sampling vs random sampling over a large area.

Edited by animatic