Tax Rebate In Thailand

Hi,

A year ago (March 2010, I think) while working in Bangkok I was happy to recieve a cheque out of the blue, which turned out to be a tax rebate/refund. I have since changed jobs and provinces and am wondering if by any stroke of luck there might be another cheque out there with my name on it. I dont think my employer at that time had done anything to 'apply' for the rebate as he was as surprised as me when it turned up.

I can't find the paperwork that came with it. Does anybody know how I can find out if I might be entitled to a rebate this year?

TIA

To be honest, your last employer probably filed a return for you, you just didn't know it. Probably one of the multitude of things (in thai) that they asked you to sign.

What you need to do is basically head down to the local tax office with your Tax ID number, passport and summary of income and tax deducted (from the employer). Any evidence of children, marriage and insurance premiums paid will all lead to greater deductions.

The tax office people are pretty good as they'll essentially take the evidence and fill in the filing form for you.