Buying Land Near Samui

We're thinking about buying some oceanfront raw land near Samui to subdivide and re-sell individual lots.

I'm an American executive and my wife is Thai.

I've been in Asia for the past 17 years and we've already built our own home and another project in Kanchanaburi so we know our way around here. (As much as anyone can "know their way around Thailand")

Anyone interested in joining us as partner - investor ? Everything will be 100% legal and above board. Not interested in any nonsense, fly by nights, problem children, etc. Only serious responses will be answered.

And you expect serious responses on a anonymous internet forum based in a country which well known for numerous property/land scams through out the years....:whistling:

The first thing that worries me is that you have taken great pains to suggest its 100% legit and above aboard....:rolleyes:

And you expect serious responses on a anonymous internet forum based in a country which well known for numerous property/land scams through out the years....:whistling:

The first thing that worries me is that you have taken great pains to suggest its 100% legit and above aboard....:rolleyes:

Maybe because there a few problems etc with business/land ownership the OP has mentioned it is legit.....This really should be in the classified section as 'business opportunities'.........am sure that anyone who is willing to look into the project would have a lawyer etc to make sure it is a gebuine business proposition..................would be more worried about location...near Samui shouts out Khanom and that area which isnt really taking off and probably never will

Yes, I was expecting serious responses from people like myself who are looking to make (more) money. But I was afraid that I'd get responses from people like you who don't know enough to keep their mouths shut when they have nothing to say.

Your ridiculous comments are exactly what I was talking about when I wrote: "Not interested in any nonsense, fly by nights, problem children, etc. Only serious responses will be answered." I guess you missed that part.

Maybe because there a few problems etc with business/land ownership the OP has mentioned it is legit.....This really should be in the classified section as 'business opportunities'.........am sure that anyone who is willing to look into the project would have a lawyer etc to make sure it is a gebuine business proposition..................would be more worried about location...near Samui shouts out Khanom and that area which isnt really taking off and probably never will

Thanks for your comments. Yes, I wouldn't do anything without an attorney. Yes, I will invest my own money as well. Anyway, my wife says that Chevron is moving their operations to that area and prices and demand are rising. We're looking at a 400m2 parcel with 20 metres oceanfront for 900,000 THB and I realized that's the retail price. Why not buy 2 or 3 or 5 rai and subdivide it myself.

Of course prices are rising they always are until you want to sell -

I don't think Chevron would have much effect on beach land prices - what other facilities are there in the area ? Shops , nightlife , spas , sites of interest ?

What about infrastructure ?

Who is paying who commission ?? :unsure:

Thanks for your comments. Yes, I wouldn't do anything without an attorney. Yes, I will invest my own money as well. Anyway, my wife says that Chevron is moving their operations to that area and prices and demand are rising. We're looking at a 400m2 parcel with 20 metres oceanfront for 900,000 THB and I realized that's the retail price. Why not buy 2 or 3 or 5 rai and subdivide it myself.

Quarter Rai beachfront for less tha a mil..............sounds good.....your exactly right, why not purchase more, makes sense......as Churcill says, you need to look at surrounding facilities...is Chevron do with with the demonstrations in Samui recently about oil exploration?....

Yes, I was expecting serious responses from people like myself who are looking to make (more) money. But I was afraid that I'd get responses from people like you who don't know enough to keep their mouths shut when they have nothing to say.

Your ridiculous comments are exactly what I was talking about when I wrote: "Not interested in any nonsense, fly by nights, problem children, etc. Only serious responses will be answered." I guess you missed that part.

WOW a rather rude and obnoxious answer for someone who is looking for investors, and see as this is an open forum... I can open my mouth any time I wish, see as you are American you should know all about free speech, and I do have something to say.......FYI per the lower post....your wife is wrong... Re a large MNC moving in there....:whistling:

We're looking at a 400m2 parcel with 20 metres oceanfront for 900,000 THB and I realized that's the retail price. Why not buy 2 or 3 or 5 rai and subdivide it myself.

For Samui that sounds too good (cheap) to be true !

Could you explain where should be "near Samui"?

In the mainland, in Koh Phangan?

And IMHO 900.000 Baht for a quarter of rai is a dream.

And a suggestion: slow down a bit with your answers if you want to start with partners search :rolleyes: