Watching Live Tv From Channelnewsasia.Com/Live

giibaht

I like to watch the live broadcast from ChannelNewsAsia.com/live. Can do this using my AIS 3G wireless dongle, but when I'm using TOT ADSL Internet, it doesn't stream the TV broadcast, but instead just shows the map of locations where the broadcast is available.

Tried calling TOT helpline but the English line is forever engaged ie. customer service is as good as non-existent if you don't speak thai.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

It doesnt work for me either, on Maxnet ADSL. I suspect you would have more success talking to ChannelAsia as it seems it is they who are blocking it and not your ISP. A workaround would be to use a proxy/VPN in Singapore or somewhere similar.

I can't speak to accessing this site via mobile internet...

But, ChannelNewsAsia appears to be delivering their video stream thru TVU Networks based in the U.S....

And TVU is one of those sites that the Thai government has been blocking thru the regular Thai domestic internet providers ever since the Red shirt protests and riots, because the Red Shirts were using a variety of video streaming sites to deliver their own content...

That's interesting...

When I tried just now via True DSL, I was able to get the stream off both the Channel News Asia Live site, and the various streams via the TVU networks site...

Earlier this afternoon when I tried the Channel News Asia site after reading this thread, it didn't connect then... Maybe just a snafu at the time.

More broadly, it's good to see and learn that the govt (or at least True, my ISP) doesn't appear to be blocking the entire TVU web site and streams anymore... They were indeed doing that at least as of a few months ago. I'd given up trying to access TVU with any kind of a Thailand IP because of that.

Edited by jfchandler