Chevy Cruze Gets Thumbs-Up Review In Nyt

FarangBuddha

This weekend, the Chevrolet Cruze got a very positive review in the New York Times. In both build quality and interior styling, it was compared most favorably to the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic. Can anyone confirm that the Cruze model that was reviewed and is sold in North America is substantially the same model that is sold by GM here in Thailand.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/27/automobiles/autoreviews/chevrolet-cruze-review.html

Also, anyone bought one and care to comment on their purchase?

Edited by FarangBuddha

For 5 years i have drven an optra and loved it ,my neighbour has just got a cruze and i am immpressed enough to get one soon ,although the spec is nowhere as high as in the states (no 10 air bags on the base model ect),but i reckon if i wait 6 months or so they will start adding extras ,also a diesel is on the way soon.

• 6 months later...

This weekend, the Chevrolet Cruze got a very positive review in the New York Times. In both build quality and interior styling, it was compared most favorably to the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic. Can anyone confirm that the Cruze model that was reviewed and is sold in North America is substantially the same model that is sold by GM here in Thailand.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/27/automobiles/autoreviews/chevrolet-cruze-review.html

As you know I bought one and I agree with the New York Times when they say

New York Times

On the road, the Chevy feels terrifically solid and composed, like a midsize sedan in a smaller wrapper. Its interior tops both the Honda and Toyota with its pleasing design, good-quality materials and precise workmanship.

That has been pretty much my experience so far. Solid, quiet, composed and the interior TRUMPS anything out there now.

Edited by thaicruze

https://www.nytimes....uze-review.html

As you know I bought one and I agree with the New York Times when they say

New York Times

On the road, the Chevy feels terrifically solid and composed, like a midsize sedan in a smaller wrapper. Its interior tops both the Honda and Toyota with its pleasing design, good-quality materials and precise workmanship.

That has been pretty much my experience so far. Solid, quiet, composed and the interior TRUMPS anything out there now.

Cruze has recieved good reviews in some markets. TH Cruze is far away from the crash safety in EU and US Cruze, and does not have access to any of the modern engines available in other markets

I know nothing about the Cruze mechanically but I did have a chance to look one over. I really like the exterior design and the interior is as nice or nicer than the rest I have seen.

GREAT, now tell TC to go motoring so we can move on eh. :lol:

TC just posted in another Cruze topic here he has been on a loooong trip to another Province, so the Cruze quality is top notch, his daewoo engine didnt miss a beat.

yeeez, every second month or so I do 4.000km trips covering 30 Provinces in 13-14 hours :rolleyes:

I know nothing about the Cruze mechanically but I did have a chance to look one over. I really like the exterior design and the interior is as nice or nicer than the rest I have seen.

GREAT, now tell TC to go motoring so we can move on eh. :lol:

TC just posted in another Cruze topic here he has been on a loooong trip to another Province, so the Cruze quality is top notch, his daewoo engine didnt miss a beat.

yeeez, every second month or so I do 4.000km trips covering 30 Provinces in 13-14 hours :rolleyes:

Yeeeeeeh, some are lost in the, didn't have to change the points this trip, didn't have to let the tyres cool down, didn't have to replace the head light bulb this time, ERA. :lol:

Yes. Pretty much what the New York Times said also. It gets better when you drive it, but don't expect a sporty experience. It's just a nice, quiet relaxed drive.

I think for sporty better the new Focus 2012, but that's not here yet.

More like 6 1/2 months not 8.

And to think since this thread was opened, the Cruze has been the best selling car in the USA.

I guess many agree with the NYT review.

NYT review is based on a US spec Cruze at a reasonable price. You have purchased a low spec TH Cruze, a daewoo at a whopping 880k baht

More like 6 1/2 months not 8.

And to think since this thread was opened, the Cruze has been the best selling car in the USA.

I guess many agree with the NYT review.

NYT review is based on a US spec Cruze at a reasonable price. You have purchased a low spec TH Cruze, a daewoo at a whopping 880k baht

The Cruze is built all over the world. In Australia, Russia, China, India, etc etc.

The Colorado is built here and sold in the USA.

Also, every car you buy here is overpriced. The Mitsubishi lancer that everyone in this forum likes is the same thing. Starts at around 470,000 baht in the USA new. How much does a lancer go for in Thailand?

Edited by thaicruze

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2011/09/gmdura-20110909.html

GM opens new US$200M diesel engine facility in Thailand; first to produce new 4-cylinder Duramax diesels

General Motors opened a new diesel engine plant in Rayong, Thailand. The US$200 million facility, which is adjacent to the automaker’s vehicle manufacturing plant, represents GM’s most significant powertrain investment in Southeast Asia. The new 54,275-square-meter facility, GM’s first diesel engine plant in the region, is the first-in-the-world to produce the all-new family of Duramax four-cylinder diesel engines.