Minwax Clear Brushing Laquer

Doc50

I've gotten into the hobby over redoing model ships.

Large ones I buy at the border.

Haven't found a good, easy brush on Laquer in Thailand.

Minwax Clear Brushing Laquer.

Anyone with any ideas where to find it in Bangkok? Thanks.

I have bought some Minwax products at True Value in the past, not sure if they have the exact product you are looking for but it's worth a try.

Where is a True Value Hardware in Bangkok?

Thanks

Doc

I have bought some Minwax products at True Value in the past, not sure if they have the exact product you are looking for but it's worth a try.

Also seen some at Villa Market, but those are also from Tru Value.

There's one behind Carrefour on Rama IV Road, in the boutique shopping center off of Sukhumvit 26.

Thanks Mauiguy, Doc here formerly from Kona.

Will check it out. I'm up in BKK tomorrow from Hua Hin.

There's one behind Carrefour on Rama IV Road, in the boutique shopping center off of Sukhumvit 26.

Thanks Mauiguy, Doc here formerly from Kona.

Will check it out. I'm up in BKK tomorrow from Hua Hin.

Hope they got what you want Doc. If there's none there, I heard IKEA is opening up in Bangna in a few months. Pretty sure they'll have what you need.

Google for 'True Value Thailand' and you will find their website with product list and store locations.

Anyone who does any kind of home improvement or model making should be visiting their nearest True Value, they have so much stuff I have never seen anywhere else.

Google for 'True Value Thailand' and you will find their website with product list and store locations.

Anyone who does any kind of home improvement or model making should be visiting their nearest True Value, they have so much stuff I have never seen anywhere else.

I went to visit True Value at K Village on Sukhumvit 26. Parking at night was hellish and the shopping complex is a real hi-so experience. Nice looking restaurants but be ready to pay up your nose prices... As for True Value, I found that particular outlet to be interesting but lacking the product variety that I expected from a True Value in the U.S. There were very few tools available and although there were a number of cleaning supplies such as Simple Green available, I'd say that the line of products being carried was quite expensive and repetitive in the sense that similar products are available in Thailand for cheaper prices(Igloos for a 6 pack went for 1600 baht). Minwax products were nowhere to be found...sorry to disappoint you Doc! The employee working there said the Pattaya shop does carry them but I would call first before going there. Their website is truevalue.co.th . The following are numbers of their outlets as follows:

Tiwanon 02-968-8600; Pattaya 038-33-2499; Chonburi 03876-5325; Phuket 07624-9504. Strangely, the package they gave me for the GooGone(290 baht) that I did buy did not have the Sukhumvit branch number. However, you can always call the Tiwanon number listed, or visit K Village itself. Happy Hunting!

Edited by mauiguy90