NATO strike kills nine in northeast Afghanistan

News_Editor

My time served in active military service was between the Korean and Viet Nam conflicts. So Mr. know-it-all you are right, I have no actual combat experience. I can only relate to experiences of the men and women who bravely served under fire. Until I lived with people with combat connected PTSD I never realized how it disrupts their daily lives. Every day is a personal battle fighting against suicidal tendencies.

My grandmother lost her husband and nearly everything else in the Russian Revolution. She managed to flee across Asia and eventually ended up in Japan where one of her two children succumbed from the ordeals of the journey. She was fortunate enough to obtain passage on a ship to Hawaii. There she met my grandfather. He came to Hawaii as a physician to tend to the medical needs of a ship full of indentured laborers from China. Because of his profession he was little more fortunate than his fellow countrymen. From my mother's parents I learned to be compassionate for those who lives are filled with daily struggles to survive. I also grew up knowing fully the realities of life. This means knowing when and how to separate fact from fiction or bluntly speaking, how recognize B.S. when I see it.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My time served in active military service was between the Korean and Viet Nam conflicts. So Mr. know-it-all you are right, I have no actual combat experience. I can only relate to experiences of the men and women who bravely served under fire. Until I lived with people with combat connected PTSD I never realized how it disrupts their daily lives. Every day is a personal battle fighting against suicidal tendencies.

Okay, i don't come from a war leading nation, were the life is militarized and everyone men and woman served bravely under fire and is proud of it.

I had two teacher, one with leather gloves as hands and the other one limping, they were ex-soldiers but never agitated us to join the force.

And you know so many of such brave people. and poor souls now their daily life is disrupted.

Here, in the topic that is about killed children, i cannot really feel sorry for them when some of their days are grey now. One advice maybe, hanging around in a vet club with other PTSDlers probably don't help the mood.

Fighting wars oversee is a choice, you don't have to go there.

The dead kids didn't had a choice, they don't suffer from PTSD.

Edited by metisdead
Flame comment removed.

Okay, i don't come from a war leading nation, were the life is militarized and everyone men and woman served bravely under fire and is proud of it.I had two teacher, one with leather gloves as hands and the other one limping, they were ex-soldiers but never agitated us to join the force.

And you know so many of such brave people. and poor souls now their daily life is disrupted.

Here, in the topic that is about killed children, i cannot really feel sorry for them when some of their days are grey now. One advice maybe, hanging around in a vet club with other PTSDlers probably don't help the mood.

Fighting wars oversee is a choice, you don't have to go there.

The dead kids didn't had a choice, they don't suffer from PTSD.

Are you French? :bah:

Edited by metisdead
Flame comment removed.

Don't know whether he is French or not, but he sure has no class. People with limited vocabularies tend to use profanity to make their point.

Perhaps he was rejected by the French Foreign Legion.

Edited by Hawaiian

How about to have lived there? Direct in the middle of one of the 'theaters' Or the generation of your parents or grandparents. Do you know how it is to collect firewood when war is around? The only meal is made of barley day for day and some edible roots of whatever? Do you have refugees in the family. Refugees of war who have lost everything? Do you know how it is to grow up surrounded by destruction? And that after the war is over the hard time still continues and all the destruction is still around. Do you know how it is if not everyone 'made it'. In your family and in your friends families. The only memory are some photos in your house and the houses of your friends and as a kid you have to learn that some of the adults you cannot ask who is that in the photo without triggering some heavy emotional reaction. Do you know how it is to live in a society were nearly an entire male generation is absent, absent forever. Do you have experienced to live in a society were almost everyone suffer from PTSD, but there is no psychologists who diagnosed it and no therapists to heal it?

Have you? If you have, I welcome your first-hand knowledge

If you haven't, then all you do is post platitudes on civilian casualties, laudable ones, to be sure, but without any concept of the ground truth.

Your posts remind me of beauty pageants where the contestants, when asked their interview questions, spiel off "I want peace for everyone, no more hunger, a stop to disease, a stop to racism, give kids a chance, be kind to animals, and freedom to be whomever you want to be!" Nothing wrong with any of those, but coming from a beauty pageant contestant, they mean nothing concrete. To plagiarize the immortal Mr. Faulkner's words, your posts, in my opinion, are also "full of sound and fury signifying nothing."

Your not right there either Bonobo! That was Shakespear. And that I as a SWEDE will have to point that out to you! Well you are truly a soldier.

Btw was that King Lear last act last minnutes? Creaps in this petty pace from day to day untill the last,,,,,,,etc

Tiger

Your not right there either Bonobo! That was Shakespear. And that I as a SWEDE will have to point that out to you! Well you are truly a soldier.

Btw was that King Lear last act last minnutes? Creaps in this petty pace from day to day untill the last,,,,,,,etc

Tiger

"MacBeth"