Epsom Salts In Pattaya

thommo46

The only place I found in Pattaya that sells it is the Chinese herb shop on Pattaya Thai close to 2nd road There is a wat that is across the street. Easy to find. The name of Epsom salt is Daklua. Don't bother looking at the pharmacies or the hospital - they will just give you <deleted> bah look.The wat coming from beach road direction is about blocks past 2nd road.

Hello Darrel, Thais aren't use to ES soaks or baths. It doesn't matter by which name. ES or MS, it's just not known or used that much.

I do buy MS from BKK in 25Kg bags for hydroponics.

rice555

You are so right on that. I asked for the magnesium sulfate & was worse off than asking for Epsom salts. Surprising that with the amount of foreigners in Thailand the hospitals don't even know what Epsom salt is used for.To soak in What for? Guess massage for sore feet is their answer.

Funny, you would think that they would be into soaking in mineral baths.

I remember 30 years ago in the Philippines walking about 10km on foot to a volcanic hot spring that was just like an Epsom salts bath. Felt wonderful, after which I had to trek 10km back to the main road again by which time I was totally knackered and wished I'd just stayed at home!

You could boil eggs and heat up noodles in the spring for lunch too.

Thanks for the replies , I will let my friend know . I don't want to risk taking white powder of any form through customs especially if they do not know of the substance.

My old girl friend from years ago Mother used to put it digestable tablets and swallow them. It kepy her very regular and good for health . She is now 93 y/old and still hates me.

Thommo. :lol:

Yep had to have my mother back home send some.. Nothing better for soaking an infected wound..

hi . you guys are correct its great for soaking the feeet or the garden , the plants love it for adding colour .plenty available in woolworths in sydney . james