Beefburger Recipes

phutoie2

I'd say start with yer basic MEAT LOAF recipe and then adjust per taste...need some quality ground beef as I hate gristle in my burger, some bread crumbs, something tomatoey and eggs to bind it and spices to taste...

in Berkeley, CA in the early 70s some iranians introduced a lamb kofta mixture (garlic, parsley, etc.) as the Bongo Burger...it was a big hit amongst burger aficionados...this was before PC when it was still OK to eat meat...

Bongo Burger is still around, since 1968.

http://www.bongoburger.com/

ye gad!...lookit dem prices!...above I was talkin' about the 'persian burger'...

but if ye gots falafel, houmous and tabouleh who needs a burger?...

oh, for a falafel sandwich with salad drenched in tahini dressing...tutsi rushes into the 'filipino souk' offa Amir Sultan Road in Jeddah to get his fix (hands are shakin') from the falafel stand therein...the evil arab preparing the food enjoys tutsi's desperation and sneers: 'do you like our food?...'

miserable jihadist bastid...goddam hand it over or there shall be an air strike...

cant wait to get home... devour one of the two falafel sandwiches in the car...scenes of Oakland, CA with BBQ pork rib dinners from Flints on Shattuck...ribs sauce/ tahina sauce all over the place but I don't care...the empty cartons and wrappings accumulate in the back ob de car...:vampire:

Edited by tutsiwarrior

baked meat loaf is always a favorite...works for meatballs too

basic recipe and ingredients

burger 1/2 kilo

italian seasoned bread crumbs...cornflakes works too

chopped onion celery garlic mushroom peppers what ever you like..

add an egg or too to keep it moist...

mix all together in a bowl and and shape in a baking pan thinner is less cooking time but thick loaf is better..

then smother tomato sauce or heinz katsup is better on top along with a couple pieces of bacon set on top of the loaf...

bake at 350 for and hour or so...

checking half way to drain the grease from the pan.....

awsome with brown gravy and mash potatoes...

makes nice cold meatloaf sandwitches the next day as well..

enjoy

Well raro is correct, my burger recipe does require some rather intricate dance moves and a virgin sacrifice, but it can be modified for the realities of Pattaya.

Good burger starts and pretty much ends and middles with good meat, beef of course. One should pick a good cut of beef and grind it yourself just prior to cooking. Those who add bread, cornflakes, hamburger helper, or other fillers are making (at least according to the laws of the Great Republic of Texas) meat loaf, even if shaped like a burger. Second to meat comes the bun, not too squishy and correctly proportioned to the meat. Onion buns and sesame seeds are allowed, but little else, and they are not required. Buns should be grilled or toasted to better stand up to the juices of a properly prepared burger patty and to the addition, by some, of ketchup, mustard, or Bar B que sauce. No mayo or beetroot or mushy peas or other such regional abominations should be allowed. Lettuce is allowed, but not recommended. Onions, fresh not fried in grease, are appreciated, but not necessary. Another major ingredient is heat. Heat is best applied to the meat by means of charcoal fire. Wood coals, sufficiently quiescent, are also OK. The meat should be turned once and the cook should know enough to get excellent and healthy beef so no burger is ruined by cooking more than medium, or better stated as warm pink center. Medium rare is best, but medium should never be exceeded. Spices should not stray far from salt and freshly ground pepper, Tillacherry (sp) or Cambodian Highland highly preferred. Please remember that what we are making here should taste like beef. Cheese is a somewhat frowned upon addition and should not be used with Bar B que sauced burgers. Cheddar or blue cheeses can be used, but you run the danger of missing out on the meat. You are warned.

I could offer more details, but I am tired and somewhat secretive about the rest.

I go now to eat some of swrws's burritos.

kdf

Skip the fresh onions and garlic in the burger since it'll taste like a meatball or a meatloaf afterwards.

Go with montreal steak seasoning, a little chili flake, an egg to bind, and a bit of sharp cheddar in the middle if you like an inside out cheeseburger.

Shape it into patties put it into the preheated oven and broil at 160-170 depending on how efficient your oven is. You should only do this for 5-10 minutes max to prevent overcooking.

Now take it out and finish it in a greased skillet or pan. This should give you a perfectly cooked burger. You can also grill it instead for the same effect.

Edited by wintermute