Thai Police In Black Uniforms

MEGALITHIC

The only black uniforms I have seen are the uniforms worn by the boarder patrol commandos.

also the police that guard the embasseys have black unforms , they also drive volvo cars

I believe they are Gurkhas boater

The British embassy has Gurkha's, I doubt that other country's embassies would have them

The only black uniforms I have seen are the uniforms worn by the boarder patrol commandos.

also the police that guard the embasseys have black unforms , they also drive volvo cars

I believe they are Gurkhas boater

The British embassy has Gurkha's, I doubt that other country's embassies would have them

Right you are.

I didn't read the boat man's post properly.

They are the SWAT team. i have seen them go into action, usually its against some idiot who is high on drugs with weapons. Or known Mafia personnel.

Very good ,:clap2: they train at a place called Cappa , just outside Rannong near the old Airport,there is aThai Army base there. i bumpt into a few none Thai nationals a few years ago training them.:offtopic2:

The border patrol police are stationed at the Naresuan camp at Cha-Am and the 261 counter terrorism unit the OP talks about is part of the BPP. The police in dark blue uniforms you see stationed around the protest sites are BPP but I don't think they are the counter terrorism unit.

The border patrol police are stationed at the Naresuan camp at Cha-Am and the 261 counter terrorism unit the OP talks about is part of the BPP. The police in dark blue uniforms you see stationed around the protest sites are BPP but I don't think they are the counter terrorism unit.

Okay, thanks for that. I managed to find a web page with some info about them. Here's the link:

http://www.nationreligionking.com/police/borderpatrol/paru/naresuan261/

It’s mind boggling! Any county that spends more time, money and effort trying to look the part of some Hollywood action film than doing the job, Thailand, it would seem follows a certain other countries forces. They seem to leave basic training with more badges, gongs, ribbons, whistles and bells on their uniform than a pearly king….Bunch of lightweights!

It's mind boggling! Any county that spends more time, money and effort trying to look the part of some Hollywood action film than doing the job, Thailand, it would seem follows a certain other countries forces. They seem to leave basic training with more badges, gongs, ribbons, whistles and bells on their uniform than a pearly king….Bunch of lightweights!

Yeh Tonto, did'nt a certain policeman called thaksin go to that "certain other country" for some training ?