Uk - Settlement Visa

hi. i hope to bring my future wife and her children, (7 and 9) to the UK later this year. i think the application is fairly straightforward - quite similar to the visitor visa application, just a few more details needed. i am sure i can answer all their questions, and feel confident

my girlfriend has two children, one of 7 ( who she has legal custody of ) and one of 9 ( who the father has legal custody of ). my girlfriend divorced the father 2 years ago, and since the divorce both children have stayed with the mother. the father has paid no maintenance. the mother has paid for school, food, clothing, basically everything, and since i met my girlfriend i also helped. my girlfriend has made all the main decisions in her children's lives and has sole responsibility. the father does see the children ocassionally, but for some reason they are scared of him - i dont know why.

the father said he would go to the amphur and grant my girlfriend sole custody of the 9 year old. they just need to arrange the date, but i am sure he will, as they are on good speaking terms

my girlfriend has sole responsibility for both children, and will have sole custody. what papers will she need to get ready for the application to show she has sole responsibility - does she need a letter from the school or doctor for example. how can she prove she has sole responsibility. or does she just need to write a letter herself detailing everything she does for her children.

she would be able to show she has sole custody as this is a legal document. but how tgo show sole responsibility - so the ECO is happy

thank you

( and thank you to 7by7 for a very detailed reply to my private message to him - you are very helpful as always)

she would be able to show she has sole custody as this is a legal document. but how tgo show sole responsibility - so the ECO is happy

[/Quote]

Sole custody should be fine.

thanks for reply - so is it as easy as that to show sole responsibility?

In my view, yes. She is a natuaral parent and therefore has parental responsibility. She has agreed sole custody - and a document to prove it - so she has 'sole responsibility'. Unless the ECO has evidence or genuine suspicion that the child has been abducted, I see no reason or justification for the ECO to probe further.

In my view, yes. She is a natuaral parent and therefore has parental responsibility. She has agreed sole custody - and a document to prove it - so she has 'sole responsibility'. Unless the ECO has evidence or genuine suspicion that the child has been abducted, I see no reason or justification for the ECO to probe further.

thanks, well that makes things easier