Found A Great Beach At Satahip.

Richb2004v2

We found a great beach in Satahip last week. It's on Navy land and is obviously therefore managed by them. It is very clean, with minimal garbage, is quiet, not over populated, and generally pleasant. I can't believe that I've lived here for almost 7 years and not known about it. It's a massive improvement over the three often filthy Ban Chang beaches. When I find out the name of it I will post.

Better yet how about a detailed map..

Ok. From Ban Chang you drive into Satahip and hit the main cross-road lights. Turn left and just keep going until you see a military check point. Then turn left until you hit a pay booth. It's 20 baht per car, and the beach is a couple of hundred meters ahead. It's like a sanctuary of peace and near order :D . I think they should really charge more.

Ok. From Ban Chang you drive into Satahip and hit the main cross-road lights. Turn left and just keep going until you see a military check point. Then turn left until you hit a pay booth. It's 20 baht per car, and the beach is a couple of hundred meters ahead. It's like a sanctuary of peace and near order :D . I think they should really charge more.

Shhhhhhhhhhh! Ok mods now you can delete this thread.... :D

How'd you find that? Wrong turn?? That's how I've found many a nice place honestly..

Edited by WarpSpeed

How'd you find that? Wrong turn?? That's how I've found many a nice place honestly..

I did think twice about posting the whereabouts, but figured it might be common knowledge anyway. We just went for a drive around really. We've been on the navy land nearer Ban Chang and found it all to be very very well kept. I did a run there last year and couldn't believe how clean it was. Inside that navy land is like a different country. The beach is great. It's really quite, without even any vendors or noise of traffic. It's cheap too for beach chairs and food and stuff. There were a lot of tour buses on one day though and by mid afternoon it was a bit of a state, but I think that was a particularly busy day. Give it a try anyway, it certainly beats Nam Rin, Payun and Pala.

I did think twice about posting the whereabouts, but figured it might be common knowledge anyway. We just went for a drive around really. We've been on the navy land nearer Ban Chang and found it all to be very very well kept. I did a run there last year and couldn't believe how clean it was. Inside that navy land is like a different country. The beach is great. It's really quite, without even any vendors or noise of traffic. It's cheap too for beach chairs and food and stuff. There were a lot of tour buses on one day though and by mid afternoon it was a bit of a state, but I think that was a particularly busy day. Give it a try anyway, it certainly beats Nam Rin, Payun and Pala.

Will for sure on a weekend trip from the city.. Been dreading the beaches down there after living in Phuket for a couple of years and had found a nice little private beach that was protected and close to the open ocean but still had few waves even in the rough season, never more then some soothing swells and mostly clean water except the day after a big rain..

Ironically as I think back it was called Paradise beach too..

We went to the beach again today. Sadly it was quite filthy. The shore line was littered with every kind of debris imaginable, including rubber gloves, noodle packets, drinking straws, tooth brushes, and even fertilizer bags. I was so disappointed when I saw it. It would be so easy to employ two or three people to walk along the beach every hour and collect it all. The beach itself was a little dirty too. There was a pile of food remains not that far from us that had attracted hundreds of huge black flies, as well as polystyrene packaging here and there and empty beer bottles. The beach was very busy but that's no excuse. It's such a shame. I guess I shouldn't complain as it's only one bad day out of the five or six we have spent there recently. Plus it still wasn't as bad as Nam Rim or Payun.

That could be it, although it was Tuesday and they weren't exactly in the process of cleaning it. Most of it was clearly being washed up but even so it still could have been maintained. We went again today. It wasn't as bad but a lot of the bigger items were still laying on the shore.

The beach is called Hat Nang Ram. The only times I've been there were weekends/holidays and I loathed it. The beach itself was clean, but absolutely packed cheek to jowl under the shaded parts. Picnics were a disgusting experience thanks to the flies and a full contingent of soi dogs loitering in expectation of the titbits which many Thais seem happy to throw them.

I had thought of going sometime during the week when it's quiet, but as it appears that outside weekends it's a rubbish dump I don't think I'll bother. Hat Phala isn't bad most of the time

We ventured there on Saturday against my better judgment. It was actually fine. It was absolutely packed, mainly with Thais, but it was not bad. There were also huge swarms of flies, but only near the more filthy groups where food had been discarded. There was also obviously more noise. On the whole though it wasn't a bad experience. We did decide to call it a day though when one party sat down with their mat, whiskey and food and were literally sat with us. No harm done though. The soi dogs I think are unfortunately unavoidable anywhere in Thailand.

Last week I got a little bit of hassle there from an over-friendly drunken chap, but again no harm done.

Wow...sorry to hear about the trash. I've been meaning to visit there, but just haven't made it yet. Here are some posts about this area:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/407032-nice-quiet-beaches-for-a-day-trip/page__view__findpost__p__3955628

http://thaitrump.blogspot.com/

I may have been a little harsh in my description. During the week it is certainly worth a visit. It is the best beach I have come across in Thailand outside a main tourist area. For me it compares favorably to those on Koh Chang, Samet or Samui. There are not the restaurants but it is very peaceful normally.

• 1 month later...

i have been looking at google eath going down the coast noting cordinates and logging tehm into gps, must check them out one day, few nice ones but as soon as zoom out a bit see naval buildings halipads so i guess that would be a no no.

anybody know the name of the one just past the airport u tao pau, past the fuel dump and turn left. 20 baht looked good to me, interested to know name

Yes, it is a good beach, but you are always better to go when the tide is fairly full. See link below.

http://www.mobilegeo...tions/5647.html

Why is that? Is it to do with the deposits left on the beach, or is it just better for bathing?

Sorry, I missed your query --- 2 reasons

1) getting some depth for swimming is not so easy at low tide

2) in my view they only clean the beach between the low and high waterlines. Below low waterline, who knows what you are walking on.

That's why I sent the link. I will not go to the beach unless the tide is fairly full.

Yes, it is a good beach, but you are always better to go when the tide is fairly full. See link below.

http://www.mobilegeo...tions/5647.html

Why is that? Is it to do with the deposits left on the beach, or is it just better for bathing?

Sorry, I missed your query --- 2 reasons

1) getting some depth for swimming is not so easy at low tide

2) in my view they only clean the beach between the low and high waterlines. Below low waterline, who knows what you are walking on.

That's why I sent the link. I will not go to the beach unless the tide is fairly full.

Quite right. We have been using the beach very regularly now for a couple of months. The conditions are very variable depending on tide and number of users. The other day the tide was vary low (far out). There was a lot of garbage floating about the first twenty feet from shore. It seemed ok once past that, but when I returned to the beach one of my feet was covered in some sort of heavy oil that I could not wash off. It was like heavy crude oil and didn't wash off after several attempts at home in the shower. It's still a good beach by Thai standards but it is loosing it's appeal a little for me.

• 1 month later...

We used to live quite close to those beeches near Sattahip, if you go back towards patters theres a few good ones.

Sunset Park i think its called, as a beech on a small resort very nice and not very well known [untill now] B).

Then theres Bang saray which was quite good as it was mainly occupied by Thais, but the last time i went there a couple of yrs ago there was a lot more farangs at the little beech bar/restaruant on the corner.

Everything seems to be moving that way quicktime.

• 4 weeks later...

the Nahng Rum in Haht Nahng Rum means "dancing woman"

You'll notice a statue of a dancing woman alongside the road near the entrance.

I'm a little surprised they're charging for entrance & for chair rental now. Should have assumed they'd get greedy with it sooner or later.

I wouldn't want to pay to get in there cramped up with all the other families letting their children run amok & tossing garbage to the dogs etc. etc.