Confectionary Shop Or Baking Shop

laoshi

Does anybody know where I can find a confectionary shop where I could purchase all the baking materials and ingredients? I am trying to make a fondant cake but couldn't find materials for me to decorate using fondant paste.

I also want to know where I could get food coloring (color paste) in Bangkok.

Thanks for the help. :)

Edited by metisdead
Font resized.

Try Villa Supermarket. There is one located between Thong-Lo and Prom-Phong BTS stations. Failing that any big Supermarket will probably have what you are loking for?

jb1

Thanks Jim. I've been there but still too limited yet sufficient enough for simple cake. :)

You might try googling Baking (or bakery) supplies in Bangkok. Alternatively, if you know the Villa supermarket on Sukhumvit (opposite the Sukhumvit entrance to Washington Square), next to Villa is a sub-soi which takes you into a square and at the back of that square is the FMC bakery supplies shop. They used to be well stocked with all sorts of goodies. Perhaps there. I recall that in the same square was a Japanese supermarket which also used to stock bakery supplies.

Always drive into Pinklao as the bakery wholesale supplies shop always has everything I need or ever wanted. to get there you would need transport, if you have will give directions.? do you need catering size packs?

There is exactly what you are looking for in Chiangmai called YOK. It is mostly a baker's supply store, but has lots of other cook's stuff, both local and imported, in bulk. You might google it and see if they have stores near you.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on where you're based there's also a very good shop opposite Makro on Sirinakarin, but don't make the journey out if you don't live that way as they 'have exactly the same stock as UFM on Suk 33/1. May even be the same owners????