130 M16s, Other Guns Stolen From Thai Army Depot

webfact

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here we go.....Reds stole them right? gives the illegitimate government an excuse to shoot innocents again, next major protest watch the blood in the streets..... sadly.....

Got to blame someone instead their own incompetence.

What they need a military for? Sorry forgot to keep them safe from their arch enemy Cambodia? :o

The only ones proposing that anyone is blaming the Reds are the forum's Red supporters.

Here we go.....Reds stole them right? gives the illegitimate government an excuse to shoot innocents again, next major protest watch the blood in the streets..... sadly.....

There are many Red Shirt terrorists in the Thai military. Certainly they work from the inside and steal weaponry. They are Rebels intet on overthrowing the government. Just like a year ago, they are marching in Bangkok, saw a mob of them marching in Chiang Mai, each week they will add a few more, just like last time. After two weeks last year I said to "nip it in the bud" before they incite violence in their attempt to put Thaksin back in power. The government tried to negotiate with people who did not want to negotitate but wanted to overthrow the government. They are planning more violence on the anniversary, thus stopping people in Bangkok from enjoying Songkran. These Red Shirts are terrorists and not "innocents." They came to make violence and they did. They are lawbreakers and have split Thailand. After burning all they could in Bangkok they went back up north and to Isan and began burning government buildings. Many foreigners left. On my recent trip to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, and the area I saw fewer farangs than I have seen in the last 20 years in the area. Whereas, regardless of what I read of Thaivisa, I haven't seen the beaches here in Phuket more crowded in the last 10 years. There was no Red activity here and foreigners are here in huge numbers. Those women & children were paid by Thaksin forces to be there as shields for the armed Red males. They knew what they were getting into. They were hired mercenaries. "innocents?!" I think not. Weapons are being stolen by Reds within the military getting ready for the violence they intend for Bangkok to mark the first anniversary of their riots and burnings. From the drought I saw in the North, the many bus loads from the North and Northeast may not even have to be paid as much by Thaksin forces to come this year. But, you can bet, the Red Terrorists will be much better armed this time. It is sad that Abhisit is a do nothing PM. Had great hope for him at first but even what he has tried to do for Thaksin controlled northern & northeastern Thailand has been rejected and he is hated by the illiterate populace because of their Red TV and radio programs whose purpose is revolution, the overthrown of the government and to put the criminal thaksin back in office. I guess Thaksin can make friends with his Khmer Rouge murdering PM of Cambodia, Hun Sen.

Hey,.. you've got the perfect ID to make such a myopic comment "Super Prick"

"Shoots innocents"?,... and I suppose you're one of those that claim all the weaponry found with the reds was planted by the govt? And what about all the drive by shootings, grenade throwing yada yada yada? ... oh yeah... and the World Trade plaza that was burned down,.... that wasn't anything t do with the "innocent" reds either? (of course,... now I remember... that was the mad English man who did that!)

No wonder this freaking country is in a mess,.... nobody can stand up straight and tell the truth for even 5 minutes!

Over 100 deadly assault rifles go missing just before "silly season",..... I'm very suspicious and worried...... more fun and games this Songkran again?

I was in the U.S. Army for 20 years and never saw weapons stolen. It's easier to get into a bank than the weapons room on a U.S. military base.

Yes but you are real soldiers tried and tested in more than bombing temples or shooting people with catapults. And who did they turn to to sort it out? The Thai police. Don't hold your breath.

You guys are a funny bunch, believing everything you read in the papers and venting your own ideas and opinions about a fact you have no clue about.

My girlfriend's brother is actually based at this camp.

Yes, the guns went missing, but shortly after this they caught the culprits and recovered everything.

No reds, yellows, blues or greens involved.

First you should all get some facts before posting.

How the hell can the weapons go missing, surely they have an Armoury?

this happens here all the time - they usually sell them and make it look like they where stolen - greed has no boundaries in this country.

Nobody is ever held accountable in the armed forces here - so they do whatever they want - they are corrupt to the core and get away with murder as seen so many times in the past. Their leadership is so entangled in politics, corruption and business that they have really lost any right to be called "professional" armed forces. They are a private army run by -and belonging to - the elite who own and control this country and want to keep it that way.

The standard defense will now apply - the top brass and politicians promising an inquiry - dragging it out for a month or so - by the time it will be forgotten like everything else.

And who is at the top in the leadership then???

You guys are a funny bunch, believing everything you read in the papers and venting your own ideas and opinions about a fact you have no clue about.

Yes, the guns went missing, but shortly after this they caught the culprits and recovered everything.

Come on then tell.

jb1

Well, with all due respect, the assembled throng only has your word for that, oh and maybe, just maybe, your girlfriends brother could be implicated, misinformed or telling porkies.

Why there is picture of FN Minimi when M16 were stolen?

you beat me to it! <_<

An infantry corps headquarters in Prachuab Khiri Khan province on Friday filed a complaint with police that its hundreds of weapons have been stolen from its depot.

Among them were 130 M16 assault rifles, motars, 11-mm pistols and Minimi rifles.

Hey this is TV forum you can blame what ever side you like and back it with facts based on fiction at any moment that one wishes to do without fear ,and someone produces facts as argument against them they suffer personal attacks from other supporters.

"an investigation at the depot found that a total of hundreds of items mainly weapons were gone missing and believed to be allegedly stolen from the headquarters."

My god, what an appallingly bad sentence. Do the Nation's bosses know how crap the paper has become? A story this important and they couldn't be bothered putting one of the few remaining farang editors on the case?

"believed to be allegedly stolen"?! kind of possibly maybe... And if hundreds of weapons are missing, there is only one conclusion - they were stolen. Not believed stolen or allegedly stolen, but flat out stolen - by thieves. They were not borrowed, they were not lost behind the sofa cushions.

How can Suthichai Yoon show his face in public when his newspaper prints such garbage?

Well of course stupid. They are the only ones in the military. The yellow shirts don't have to join they are the elite of the country and they don't have to lower themselve to that level.

But then it could be some musslum that has joined and decided to do that.

Why there is picture of FN Minimi when M16 were stolen?

Maybe they didn't have a "file photo", and now they have NONE left to take a picture of.

Actually, they quoted Minimi's as missing too...

and they want to build a Nuclear Power Plant.:wacko:

scary thought eh? "40kg of plutonium thought to be missing, but nobody is sure..." or "red-shirts have enough uranium to create 20 warheads" ... the muppet show continues ....

"an investigation at the depot found that a total of hundreds of items mainly weapons were gone missing and believed to be allegedly stolen from the headquarters."

My god, what an appallingly bad sentence. Do the Nation's bosses know how crap the paper has become? A story this important and they couldn't be bothered putting one of the few remaining farang editors on the case?

"believed to be allegedly stolen"?! kind of possibly maybe... And if hundreds of weapons are missing, there is only one conclusion - they were stolen. Not believed stolen or allegedly stolen, but flat out stolen - by thieves. They were not borrowed, they were not lost behind the sofa cushions.

How can Suthichai Yoon show his face in public when his newspaper prints such garbage?

Ah but they may have been lent to someone :whistling:

jb1

It shouldn't be to difficult to find out how they went missing. Who has recently purchased a house, or a nice expensive car?? :whistling:

jb1

The general did.

All his assistants did.

All their me-ah noi.... also did.

They also began to purchase expensive wine from abroad.... too....

OK, so who did it....?

It would appear that the new CO having taken over in the middle of January decided (for some strange reason) to do an inventory check (how bizare!) . Sgt Blogs, in charge of the armory was well known to be stealing weapons and ammunition from his store (he probably gave really, really good parties?). The previous CO was obviously on the take as he would have known of the discrepancies, via his own stocktake, before leaving the unit?? What sort of army doesn't do a daily stocktake of weapons and ammo? Surely somebody must have had a slight suspicion of wrongdoing when loading all of this or even some of this gear into a truck, or did he steal it over a very long period of time, a piece at a time??

Sack/retire the Divional General, hang every corrupt officer for treason, counsel every pvt. and NCO on their duty to King and Country!:annoyed: :annoyed:

It shouldn't be to difficult to find out how they went missing. Who has recently purchased a house, or a nice expensive car?? :whistling:

jb1

The general did.

All his assistants did.

All their me-ah noi.... also did.

They also began to purchase expensive wine from abroad.... too....

OK, so who did it....?

They did.

jb1

Precisely, just who was responsible for safeguarding these weapons. Surely they have a security system in place to prevent any such disappearance from occurring!!! What is going on!!! This has happened several times now - it can only be an inside job again with somebody either turning a blind eye or leaving a door open to order, and those whose remit is to guard them should be thoroughly investigated and forced to explain how this could happen - before relieving them of their duty and then putting them on trial WHEN their explanation falls short, as it surely will.

I was in the U.S. Army for 20 years and never saw weapons stolen. It's easier to get into a bank than the weapons room on a U.S. military base.

True, but you forget this is thailand and they are thia army?///

Google "US military weapons missing" or scroll up in the thread ---- you can probably do the same for any country.

UK

MoD has 'lost' 165 pistols, rifles and machine guns... and 27,000 rounds of ammunition

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Last updated at 1:12 PM on 2nd March 2009

More than 165 pistols, rifles and machine guns have been lost by or stolen from the Armed Forces in the past three years.

Figures obtained using the Freedom of Information Act also show that more than 27,000 bullets have gone missing during the same period.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1158432/MoD-lost-165-pistols-rifles-machine-guns--27-000-rounds-ammunition.html

Edited by jdinasia