PAD To Collect 20.000 Signatures To Impeach PM Abhisit

webfact

You can always scroll up to read them, but perhaps we've already digressed enough with your own off-topic-ness.

Just a reminder.

"More pertinently any recommendations on the reading front? I would be incredibly impressed if you came up with a sensible response."

Go on, surprise me.

What? and incur the wrath of some of antagonizing, petty bickerer passing through who will post that

your post was boring and off topic

because my response doesn't involve PAD collecting 20.000 signatures to impeach PM Abhisit.

Anyway, I think we've gone far enough with your off-topic posts. For someone that complains about others doing so, there never seems to be any shortage of your own posting that is

off topic

What? and incur the wrath of some of antagonizing, petty bickerer passing through who will post that

So you aren't going to make any recommendations on appropriate books.It wasn't a wind up: I was genuinely interested to know what informed a different point of view.

Will the military be assisting the Democrats by conducting operations to disrupt PTP campaigning and framing their MPs with LM charges as the Junta did in the previous election?

"framing"? ---- and no the military didn't do anything to the PTP in the last elections.

Thailand: Military Interference Undermines Upcoming Elections

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO0712/S01113.htm

JayBoy and Oberkommando >> Which PTP MP's are charged with LM? Which former PPP MP's are under investigation for it?

Not sure who the false allegations were aimed at, I posted the Bangkok Post link earlier but it was against forum rules and thus removed.

It was the case however that the junta was subsequently discovered to be carrying out operations to disrupt PTP activities and intention to frame PTP MPs with LM charges. No idea if any MPs were charged but the intention was there and that's the important thing.

JayBoy and Oberkommando >> Which PTP MP's are charged with LM? Which former PPP MP's are under investigation for it?

Not sure who the false allegations were aimed at, I posted the Bangkok Post link earlier but it was against forum rules and thus removed.

It was the case however that the junta was subsequently discovered to be carrying out operations to disrupt PTP activities and intention to frame PTP MPs with LM charges. No idea if any MPs were charged but the intention was there and that's the important thing.

I thought the important thing, to you, was spreading red propaganda...my mistake?

Will the military be assisting the Democrats by conducting operations to disrupt PTP campaigning and framing their MPs with LM charges as the Junta did in the previous election?

"framing"? ---- and no the military didn't do anything to the PTP in the last elections.

Thailand: Military Interference Undermines Upcoming Elections

http://www.scoop.co....0712/S01113.htm

And what it boiled down to

No "Framing"

and this *from the article you quoted--- by the HRW -- not the most credible of references but not the worst either ....

On December 12, the five election commissioners ruled 4-1 that although the CNS failed to be neutral, it did so under the grounds of safeguarding national security and therefore its actions had constitutional immunity. Without seeing any written evidence, the majority of commissioners accepted the CNS's explanation that since the plan in the memo was not implemented, no political party or individual was affected.

Contrary to the Election Commission ruling, People Power Party candidates have claimed harassment and intimidation by the military. For example, on December 18, three armed soldiers from the Internal Security Operation Command were found monitoring Sangtuan Pongmanee, a People Power Party candidate in Lamphun province. In Chiang Rai and Sisaket provinces, the People Power Party reported that surveillance by soldiers has put pressure on its candidates and activists.

Nobody FRAMED as you stated apparently "factually" if nobody was charged ....

and absolutely no mention of PTP

Edited by jdinasia

I thought the important thing, to you, was spreading red propaganda...my mistake?

Most definitely your mistake, I am merely posting the facts.

Actually, you are posting your conjecture and interpretation of unproven facts and allegations. Carry on...

The PTP wasn't even around in the post-junta era. It was the PPP, who interestingly enough given your un-verified allegations, had one of their own, People Power Party MP Jumpot Bunyai, proposing to Parliament in August 2008 a draft amendment to Article 112 of the Criminal Code seeking to increase penalties for lese majeste offences.

Ohhhh, the distortions get more and more imaginative from

I am merely posting the facts.

Edited by Buchholz

Further:

Allegations of a military plot against the People Power Party emerged when party leader Samak Sundaravej revealed copies of a CNS memo dated September 14 and other documents approved by General Sonthi. The CNS memo is now available on the internet. According to the memo, the CNS devised a contingency plan and ordered various operations to harass, block, and discredit the People Power Party and its supporters. The plan also included the mobilization of army-run television channels, radio stations, intelligence, and security agencies to present reports and circulate rumors discrediting the People Power Party and Thaksin.

"By endorsing a plan to discredit and harass political candidates, the junta has violated its legal obligation to remain neutral in the elections," said Pearson.

http://www.prachatai3.info/english/node/446

The memo is here:

http://www.hi-thaksin.net/contentdetail.php?ParamID=74539

It was the PPP, who interestingly enough given your un-verified allegations, had one of their own, People Power Party MP Jumpot Bunyai, proposing to Parliament in August 2008 a draft amendment to Article 112 of the Criminal Code seeking to increase penalties for lese majeste offences.

Exactly.The PPP and its successors are no better than the Democrats in shameful abuse of the LM law.The sooner it is reformed (my preference) or off the statute books the better.

The agonising and frustrating aspect is that its abuse, leveraged up under Abhisit, has had the opposite effect of what the law is intended for.

Further:

The CNS memo is now available on the internet.

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.hi-thaksin.net.

According to the memo,

The memo is here:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.hi-thaksin.net.

So that we can all see what is and what is not "according to the memo"...

Is it available somewhere else?

Further:

Allegations of a military plot against the People Power Party emerged when party leader Samak Sundaravej revealed copies of a CNS memo dated September 14 and other documents approved by General Sonthi. The CNS memo is now available on the internet. According to the memo, the CNS devised a contingency plan and ordered various operations to harass, block, and discredit the People Power Party and its supporters. The plan also included the mobilization of army-run television channels, radio stations, intelligence, and security agencies to present reports and circulate rumors discrediting the People Power Party and Thaksin.

"By endorsing a plan to discredit and harass political candidates, the junta has violated its legal obligation to remain neutral in the elections," said Pearson.

The memo is here:

You can reach Hi-Thaksin.net? History says it was shut down in April 2008...

begin removed ...

The memo is here:

[/size][/font]

The prachatai article reports on what Elaine Pearson, Asia deputy director at Human Rights Watch said 22/12/2007 and concludes with

""Although Thaksin and his allies showed contempt for human rights and democracy, it is up to the Thai voters, not the military, to decide who should govern the country.""