Tabletennis Table In Pattaya

NewGuy

I'm not talking about the ping pong balls reputed to be tossed around at 20 Baht a pop. Nope, I want to play table tennis. Or, at least, I want my girl friend to practice her game. She was Chonburi provincial singles champ in high school and I recently accepted a challenge on her behalf from an English guy. Who claims he beat Desmond Somebody, which I gather was quite good. Anyway, where to practice and where shall we have the match?

• 1 year later...

I am also a ping pong fan. The only public place other than a hotel or condo I have noticed is at a beer bar on Soi 7 (the same soi as Tequila Reef). They have a few tables and some worn down paddles. Before, someone mentioned there were tables at the rooftop pool at Mike's Shopping mall. Not true recently.

Anyone else know of any public ping pong tables (as opposed to the pubic ones)?

Edited by Thaiquila

There is a Table Tennis Club in Pattaya (probably called the Pattaya Table Tennis Club :o). It's located on Central Road between 2nd and 3rd roads, but it a bit difficult to locate. From Second Road up towards Third it is on the right-hand side past Soi Buakhow in a big open room behind a storefront restaurant.

There are some good players there.

Keep me informed, I used to be halfway decent (though I haven't played in about a year) and am looking for partners. PM me if you would like further details, are interested in playing, or I can help in any way.

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

i'm in pattaya at the moment and would like to find someone to play table tennis with. I'm absolutely far from being good, so i would like to get some advice about where to find a place with tables and all sorts of players, not just pros

I've tried to locate the place on central road (pattayaklang isn't?) but my inspection of the strip between soi buakaw and the third road gave no results. Since things here, as you guys well know, tend to change in the blink of an eye, mybe the whole club has been relocated somewhere else (or maybe my eyesight is becoming faulty). If the place is still there, would it be possible to point it out a bit more in detail? (the name of the streetfront restaurant behind which is located, or the name of another nearby shop/pharmacy/whateverelse. i know that at the speed things change here the indications will be valid for a month or less...)

I will also try to give a look at Mike's plaza, just in case, even if i read that Tabletennis activity there is no more.

Last year, in june, there's been a big Table tennis championship event, maybe wil be held this year as well and some more info about where to play can be collected there....

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Edited by Orden

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...